Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ready, Steady, Bake!

Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    I'm not the greatest baker in the world (managed to grill a pavlova once 😅), but here's my last effort: an orange and polenta cake:

2mQlkr0.jpg?1

Doesn't look like much, but it actually turned out okay!
    You can find the recipe here :)

James
  • AbigailAbigail Posts: 816 Part of The Mix Family
    This is a great thread. Baking and me are just made to be. Like music and me!!?. The last thing i baked was a lemon meringue pie. I would share what it looks lime but i can't sorry.
    Some people think I am unhappy. I'm not. I just approach silence in the world that never stops talking.
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    These cakes all look amazing! :yippe:
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    evie_rose wrote: »

Looks lovely
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Mmmmmmmmmm this thread and all this baking mmmmmmm
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Meggles wrote: »
    guysss i need your help! i need baking inspiration!

​Hey @Meggles have you seen the BBC good food website? They've got lots of recipes and ideas on there that might give you some fun baking ideas :yippe:
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    I made some scones before, forgot to take a picture, and now there's only one left XD Did half the recipe i had since we only had like 30g of butter left
  • SunshineSoulSunshineSoul Posts: 57 Boards Initiate
    Hann wrote: »
    I made some scones before, forgot to take a picture, and now there's only one left XD Did half the recipe i had since we only had like 30g of butter left

​They must have been really good if you demolished all but one! :d maybe we can get a photo of your next batch...when you've stocked up on more butter of course!

​- Sunny :rainbow:​
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    MMMMM! There should be a warning on this thread: "Do not click if you don't want to be hungry right now!!!".
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • RileyRiley Moderator Posts: 991 Part of The Mix Family
    Wow @Meggles those cupcakes look delicious! Hope you don't eat them all yourself. :d

- Riley
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
    Hope its okay to post here now. 

But Made this yesterday. Quite pleased with it tbh
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • EyepatchEyepatch Posts: 666 Incredible Poster
    @Shaunie That looks Great!

I love making ginger bread people, https://www.bbc.com/food/recipes/gingerbread_men_99096 This is my favourite but I like to add in some cinnamon too :D Then dip them in melted dark collocate and enjoy with a warm tea or coffee  <3:cookie:  <3
    "Sometimes we find ourselves stuck between choosing what is right, and what is easy." 
    edited August 2018
    I didnt make these as recently but these are dog cupcakes!!  I think i followed this link or something
    https://thehappyfoodie.co.uk/recipes/peanut-butter-and-banana-dog-cupcakes
    Went to all this effort and he didnt want any of it lol😭

• LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Shaunie said:
    I didnt make these as recently but these are dog cupcakes!!  I think i followed this link or something
    https://thehappyfoodie.co.uk/recipes/peanut-butter-and-banana-dog-cupcakes
    Went to all this effort and he didnt want any of it lol😭

More for you Shaunie or me 😍😂

They look great I think he was just being a diva haha

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld