Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

All things Netflix (and recommendations too )

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
I've still got quite a bit of time to kill so I was wondering if any of you guys had some recommendations or just wanted to share what you guts were currently watching or looking forward too? What you liked , what you didn't like :)
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    There's only really one TV series I've watched fully on Netflix and that's Once Upon A Time. I found it was quite great, however it does get boring at times.

I've watched a few episodes of Rick and Morty, and watched a few comedy shows and films :)
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    I'm watching House of Cards at the moment and loving it. For a movie, I can't recommend Anthropoid enough - it's very very intense but an amazing watch. Forewarning though, I had to watch a Dara O'Brien stand-up afterwards to lighten my mood before bed. :lol: If you want something a bit easier then Before I Fall is super good as well.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    I'm really enjoying Free Rein and Uncle right now myself :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    oooooh Thanks guys, I'll have a look!
  • SunshineSoulSunshineSoul Posts: 57 Boards Initiate
    Hi!

​Orphan Black and Sense8 are two that I have been watching religiously, they are both very binge-worthy!

@Hann Once Upon A Time is my all time favourite show, so much that I am going to a comic-con next year for it! :yippe:

​-SunshineSoul :rainbow:

Hi!

​Orphan Black and Sense8 are two that I have been watching religiously, they are both very binge-worthy!

@Hann Once Upon A Time is my all time favourite show, so much that I am going to a comic-con next year for it! :yippe:

​-SunshineSoul :rainbow:

Omg no way! Are you cosplaying for it?
    Hann wrote: »

Omg no way! Are you cosplaying for it?

​I think it's amazing how creative fans can be and some of the costumes are incredible! It will be my first one and so it will all be very new to me but I guess I could have a go! I'd love to cosplay The Evil Queen but I think Emma would be easier for me so we shall see! Have you cos-played before?

​I think it's amazing how creative fans can be and some of the costumes are incredible! It will be my first one and so it will all be very new to me but I guess I could have a go! I'd love to cosplay The Evil Queen but I think Emma would be easier for me so we shall see! Have you cos-played before?

Yeah I go to a gaming fest and they have cosplay masquerades and they're amazing to watch.
    Dude that'd be amazing to go as The Evil Queen. Yeah Emma would be easier, I'd quite like to go as Snow, as she is in the Enchanted Forest, I think that would be a good cosplay
    I have cosplayed as a Minion before, was very last minute so threw on stuff I had in the house xD
    Hann wrote: »

Yeah I go to a gaming fest and they have cosplay masquerades and they're amazing to watch.
    Dude that'd be amazing to go as The Evil Queen. Yeah Emma would be easier, I'd quite like to go as Snow, as she is in the Enchanted Forest, I think that would be a good cosplay
    I have cosplayed as a Minion before, was very last minute so threw on stuff I had in the house xD

​That sounds amazing! You sound like an expert, at least I know who to ask for some advice! :)​ I think Enchanted Forest Snow would be ace, and Emma from the season 4 finale?

Oh my gosh a Minion!? That is really cool, did you paint yourself yellow and everything?

​I think you're right about maybe starting a cosplay/fandom thread! Remember you can always start one too! :)
    River dale is the best thing I've watched on Netflix so far!! 😊
  • BubblesGoesBooBubblesGoesBoo Posts: 3,590 Community Veteran
    The night shift! I love it, it's about a hospital and a lot of the drs military, it touches on ptsd too :)
    ' So I put a bullet where I shouda put a helmet, and I crash my car cause I wanna get carried away, that's why I'm standing on the overpass screaming at myself 'hey, I wanna get better''  
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    I've just started watching Gilmore Girls, it's so good!
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Just started watching Atypical and i'm really liking so far.
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Pretty little liars all the way :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    I've just finished season 1 of Riverdale it's so good! Has anyone else seen it?
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • starfish_17starfish_17 Posts: 226 Trailblazer
    Aife wrote: »
    I've just finished season 1 of Riverdale it's so good! Has anyone else seen it?

My sister told me I should watch this but I’m still not sure! Would you recommend I start it?
    Esme17 wrote: »

My sister told me I should watch this but I’m still not sure! Would you recommend I start it?

Hey @Esme17 I'd definitely recommend it if you're interested in mystery/crime TV series. It's quite easy to get into from the first episode! They've just started season 2 as well which is really good too!

- Aife
  • Lucy307Lucy307 Posts: 1,171 Wise Owl
    Stranger things! Only 6 eps in the first series so really easy to get through and so gripping!
    Treat yourself as you would treat a good friend
    @Aife I have started watching it and now I’m going to have no life until I have caught up. I’m blaming you ;)
    @Aife I have started watching it and now I’m going to have no life until I have caught up. I’m blaming you ;)

@Esme17 haa amazing! Let me know when you're on season 2! :yippe:

Lucy307 wrote: »
    Stranger things! Only 6 eps in the first series so really easy to get through and so gripping!

@Lucy307 great choice! Stranger things is soo good! Has anyone watched season 2 yet? :hyper:
    I watch a lot of stuff, as I have a ton of spare time.

If I had to recomment a top 5 and this is really hard to do for me haha.

I would say Orphan Black!! - which is my favourite show but this has just finished for good recently :(
    Mr Robot - currently watching it's hard to explain.
    Man in the high castle - alternate history one where the allied forces lost WW2.
    Sons of Anarchy - Biker gang thing
    Game of Thrones - everyone knows what that is I think haha.

I've also recently watched Mind Hunters and Manhunt :Unabomer and Stranger Things all of them are really good too.

[USER="101908"]Esme17[/USER] haa amazing! Let me know when you're on season 2! :yippe:

I may have just fully caught up! I think I have spent too much time over the last couple of days watching it ;)
    It is actually amazing!!!

I may have just fully caught up! I think I have spent too much time over the last couple of days watching it ;)
    It is actually amazing!!!

It's so good right?! It's annoying they release the episodes each week instead of the whole series all at once. But the new episode will be released today which is exciting! I'd also recommend Stranger things! That is so so good :yippe:
    Once Upon A Time - new episodes out :)
    @Lucy307 great choice! Stranger things is soo good! Has anyone watched season 2 yet? :hyper:

@Aife I watched all of Stranger Things 2 in the weekend it came out :p loved it!
    A-J wrote: »
    I watch a lot of stuff, as I have a ton of spare time.

If I had to recomment a top 5 and this is really hard to do for me haha.

I would say Orphan Black!! - which is my favourite show but this has just finished for good recently :(
    Mr Robot - currently watching it's hard to explain.
    Man in the high castle - alternate history one where the allied forces lost WW2.
    Sons of Anarchy - Biker gang thing
    Game of Thrones - everyone knows what that is I think haha.

I've also recently watched Mind Hunters and Manhunt :Unabomer and Stranger Things all of them are really good too.

@A-J Totally agree with Mr Robot, Orphan Black, Game of Thrones and Stranger Things - love them all :yippe:
    Lucy307 wrote: »

[USER="102152"]A-J[/USER] Totally agree with Mr Robot, Orphan Black, Game of Thrones and Stranger Things - love them all :yippe:

I'm going to be so lost without clone club next year haha!

It's good to see someone else likes watching similar shows.

Yes I also did Stranger Things in one day haha :/

Another good show I find really funny is Taskamaster, it's Greg Davies and Alex Horne getting a bunch of other comedians to do funny tasks to earn points. It's really good