Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

A dodgy post - needs attention

Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
There is a post on the boards called welcome to the mix boards done by a person called electa 16 and when you clicked on it just takes me back to the discussion boards - it needs to be deleted, cant exactly get on the post to report it.

@James[/USER] [USER="95844"]Mike
''You were in the wilderness
Looking for your own purpose
Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    The Mix wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Thanks for flagging this :)
    I'm guessing you saw this under the 'What's New' section of the boards?

This is actually bug in the software the boards runs on. Every now and then, the title of a reply to a thread or (very occasionally) PM will appear in that list. As an example, I've attached a screenshot of one we can see right now.

These don't have any publicly visible content - we can see that it exists, but nothing more. They usually only appear to mod accounts and only for replies to PMs or threads that already exist.

In the case you spotted, a new user was replying to the welcome PM we send out to all new users :)

Because it's built into the software we use, there's not much we can do to change it. But we're keeping an eye on it.

Hope that clears it up a bit!

- James

Ah okay, that makes sense now James. I was just kinda confused
    ''You were in the wilderness
    Looking for your own purpose
    Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
    I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)