Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Feeling like I cannot have kisses and cuddles anymore

Sholay09Sholay09 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
Hello I am 19 years old and my name is Shola and I just really hate it when good things keep going up to a certain age or when they keep coming to an end. I also hate it when people are trying to say that I cannot have kisses and cuddles as much as I used to when I still should be able to no matter how old I get as it is normal for anyone of any age to have lots of cuddles and kisses and to really want it as much as they want to like myself and I am sick of certain things keep changing all the time when they shouldn't.

Comments

• MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 617 Incredible Poster
    You are right that there is no rule that says you can't have as many cuddles and kisses as you used to. I'm 24 and there is no better feeling for me than cuddling up to loved ones. You are never too old for affection!

​Perhaps the people that tell you that you can't have kisses and cuddles may be reflecting how they feel about it? Perhaps they feel uncomfortable with affection? More often or not, when people say things like this, it's more about them than you.

​While we all grow up, and take on more responsibilities and leave childhood behind, there are some things, like affection, that can be healthy to continue. Of course, this depends on the other person too, but if they feel uncomfortable with the idea, are there other safe people you can go to for cuddles?
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • Sholay09Sholay09 Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    First of all I would like to thank you for taking your time to listen and saying that I can still have lots of cuddles and kisses at any age as it is still possible.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey Shola,

How are things with you? I hope you're feeling more confident with kisses and cuddles! Growing older can be hard enough, even without people being like "you're too old to do this". You're really not alone in thinking this is silly. As Maisy said, if someone does comment on it, it's probably their problem, not yours!
    Well I never meant to say I felt like I was too old to have love and affection I was a bit upset and confused that time because I was so shocked and a little a bit angry and upset and also overwhelmed when my carer just suddenly like said something about me kissing her on the lips when she was the one that started to do it to me and it was like we were enjoying it so far and for her to just suddenly say something just like that when my mother and I have not said anything about it to her at all. I am still upset about it now and I just need someone that would like fall in love with me.
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Hey Sholay,

I'm really sorry to hear you're feeling a little upset about what your carer said. It can be difficult when things change suddenly. How are you feeling today?
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Well still shocked as she did not do it for that long and when she should not have really done it in the first place as I did not know her that well and also because we are not in a romantic relationship as I also hate it when people like do that to me and to like mess me around or let me down just like that like what my carer did that was unfair and not right at all. I just need to find some happiness now and to not be let down just like that anymore.
  • GlennGlenn Posts: 52 Boards Initiate
    Hey Sholay

I was wondering, have you told anyone else about what your carer did to you? Who can you speak to in person if you are ever worried or upset?
    Well I have like some services like Samaritans, Papyrus, my nurse and doctor and papyrus asked me if I told my other GP about this which I didn't think there was a need as it is not like I have caught an infection or anything. Me and my carer just pecked each other on the lips as a normal friendly thing and not in a very romantic way.