Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

19 dating 29

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I met this guy recently who really seems to be into me. We've been dating for about a month now and everything is going great. But he's 10 years older me. He doesn't think he'd fit in with my friends and, well, I don't either. For example, I have to decide whether to go out with him or to a party Saturday night. Anyone else experience a similar situation? He's the first guy in a really long time that I've actually enjoyed dating and I don't want to fuck it up because of the age thing.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well seeing as your not sure on him meeting your mates just yet, and you have only been going out 1 month, I think it would be a bad idea to invite him to this party.

But carry on going out on dates and get to know him more, 19 girl going out with a 29 year old bloke seem Okay to me so i can't see the age thing getting in your way when you to are together on your own.

but when your with your mates and your letting your hair down you may not be on the same wave length. Still I hope all works out for ya!
    I don't see that age thing as a major issue.

Give the relationship a while yet before you start going out with him & your friends.

I'd speak to him and tell him your going to the party but will make it up to him;)

Your only 19 you still need to enjoy life with your friends as well, have a great night out and then enjoy his company throughout the week!
    i am 15 and i'd quite happily go out with a guy twice my age, but i am in the same situation in that my parents would FREAK.
    yeah there is no reason why you cant enjoy seeing your guy as well as going out with your friends. you should go to the party and arrange to go out with him another night. im sure he wouldnt mind. he could even go out and catch up with his mates.
    i dont see a problem with the age thing, im 15 and used to be with a 22 yr old so thats like 7 yrz difrence it didnt bother me
    Was in same situation

When I was 18 I went out with a 28 year old for 10 months. He was great and I really liked him, but we had an added problem that he lived in australia so I only saw him for a few days each month. At the start I did feel awkward hanging out with his friends but I knew that if we wanted it to work we'd both have to get to know the people that were most important in each other's lives, and it turned out that all my friends loved him. So, I think that it is important but you've only been going out a month so you can leave that stuff til you get to know eachother better. Make the most of eachother at the moment, and i agree that you maybe shouldnt invite him to that party only because you dont seem comfortable with that yet.
    I must admit though that me and boyfriend broke up because he began emphasising the fact that his friends were all getting married. His friends had also told me that he had told them that he thought I was the one, and I just wasnt ready for that, so bear that in mind; You are at different stages of your life. Dont rush into anything, but at the same time have a great time.
    Good luck!!
    outher end of same stick

im in a simular sitation. in 28 and fancy this 19 year old . i dont see a big problem only the getting things like mates sorted out , i think i want to just enjoy it, for now , justr have fun
    Thanks for all of your advice. Sad to say, I didn't take it. Don't really think it was the age thing, just don't think I feel like dating anyone right now. And after a few dates, we weren't 'clicking' as well as we had been. So I told him as nicely as I could that it wasn't him, but that I just didn't want to date anyone right now. He didn't take it too well. I feel awful. But I've got to do what makes me happiest.