Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Online dating so far

One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
I posted a while back about my bad luck with guys and said I was thinking of online dating. I did try it in the end for a month and well..

So far I'm pleased to say I've been speaking to someone for a while now and I really like him. He checks all my boxes. Caring, funny, cheeky, easygoing and not soppy.

We ate still in the getting to know each other and are both happy with that :) he seems like a really nice guy he makes jokes but knows just how far to go so he isn't insulting just a little cheeky which I love.

We went for a meal and I was worried about what I could talk about with him and scared I might not like him (which seems worse than him not liking me lol.) but we hsd loads to talk about and so far we both like each other.

He's really understanding, respectfull and easy going with decisions I make to ensure my safety.

As it was the first date he drove but I got a taxi. We went for a meal. But it went so well he asked if I fancied a quick game of bowling (I won lol :p) He offered me a lift and while I felt safe, I knew the dos and don'ts of first dates and said that until we were more familiar. His response "That is absolutely fine, I understand but just thought it was only polite to ask."

He is really easy going with decisions and the replies. When we decided to go from the dating site to Facebook (it took a while) he made it clear it was my decision wether I wanted to or not. Same went for exchanging phone numbers. I wasn't sure at first and he was fine with it.

This was a relief as he could have been funny about it.

So far I'm really happy with how it's going. After the incident at school (6 years ago) I felt I had no control or say in what happened with me. With the person I'm talking to O feel I have complet control when it comes to what I'm ok with or when I'm unsure. It may sound silly but I've never really felt like that around people my age (I was bullied a lot) I'm really hoping this keeps going the way it is.

Well that's how it's going for me so far :D

EmmaXx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm really glad things are going good for you with online dating! I'm glad he has been understanding with moving to phone numbers and facebook and you needing to take your time
    Keep us updated about how things turn out :)
  • RhysRhys Posts: 288 The Mix Regular
    Hey, I'm glad online dating has working out for you!
    I wish you all the best in the future with him!
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Bernard M. Baruch
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hey. Lovely to read glad it's going well.
    All the best! X
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • DreaDrea Posts: 292 The Mix Regular
    Hoping it all goes well Emma!

Drea:heart:
  • One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
    Thanks guys it's still going well so far :) It feels so strange to me if I'm honest but in a good way lol
    Thanks guys it's still going well :) It feels strange to me really lol but in a good way
    Hey one-in-a-million,

So glad to hear that! Hope all is good! And it's normal to feel a little strange :D

Hi Drea we are actually together now but taking it slow. We are both still in the dating stage but far enough to say we are a couple does that make sense? Lol :p
    Hey one-in-a-million,

Sorry for the late reply! It makes complete sense! This part of relationships is often one of those times when you're not sure if you've put a label on it or not haha! Very happy for you!