Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

O'leary to leave Leeds

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
You heard it here first :D Can't say I'm suprised, i feel he has done an average job, but I know many disagree so I'll shut up :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I am surprised. Why not get rid of him after last season, why wait until now?

You don't suppose that it is linked to Rio Ferdinand do you? Could it be that the board have decided to sell, and [rightly] O'Leary has told them to stuff it, if they are selling the team from beneath him?

*still hopes of seeing Rio in an Man Utd shirt*
    I was sat at home at about 11:30 with sky sorts on for some strange reason :confused: and found out not to say im suprised in the least or upset or disappointed in any way leeds cannot get any worse than they are! Of course i will miss him seeing my leeds headed lettertyped and signed by the man himself. but something needed to be done my initial reaction was to post it up here but my bloody computer kept crashing! :mad: My dad was failrly pleased too as are most of the leeds fans. whilst on the subject didnt many of our players perform oretty darn good in the world cup :D and mills did not get sent off i cant hear many moaning about him now :rolleyes:
    In reply to MoK yes it is related to the fact they want to sell rio but Dave refuses to let one of his best players go. and for scum (sorry man united)9 to buy him now is the most two faced thing to do they were not willing to'waste' 18 million on him a year ago and when they see leeds doing well want him. i disagree with their 'brilliant' 'wonderful' 'logic' :rolleyes:

Still rio has a memory and can remember exactly what was said at the time so hopefully he can resist all 'urges' to go to 'them' (the scum) :p :rolleyes:

Still i will always support leeds no matter what! im not like all those scum fans who in the first sign of trouble turn away im not a sheep :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by *DEVIL*
    leeds cannot get any worse than they are!

5th in the Prem... only 87 other teams who would trade places...
    whilst on the subject didnt many of our players perform oretty darn good in the world cup :D and mills did not get sent off i cant hear many moaning about him now :rolleyes:

Apart from Mills and Ferdinand, who else was out there and actually played?

NB Mills wouldn't have played if Neville hadn't been injured... :)
    In reply to MoK yes it is related to the fact they want to sell rio but Dave refuses to let one of his best players go. and for scum (sorry man united)9 to buy him now is the most two faced thing to do they were not willing to'waste' 18 million on him a year ago and when they see leeds doing well want him. i disagree with their 'brilliant' 'wonderful' 'logic' :rolleyes:

The fact is you have to sell, welcome to my world :( Its been well documentated Leeds aren't the most financially stable of clubs and you gotta do what you gotta do, when we had to sell Jenas to newcastle our fans were gutted, but no player is bigger than the club, if the club needs the money then he has to be sold to protect the future, thats how we view it and the whole Jenas saga was settled with everyone content, hopefully your situation will finish with a similar happy ending.

Devil there is nothing two faced about what Man U are doing, he wasn't proven then and they didn't see fit to risk it, now he is they are willing to fork out nearly twice as much, I'd view it as a good bit of buisness if I were you, Leeds will never be able to compete with Man U over the next five years, get the money in the bank ;)
    Constructive response, ah bollocks to it!

Don't like Leeds and I couldn't give a flying fanny about O'Leary's departure.

Derby Co Vs Reading is of far more importance to me.
    I can't help but feel that this is the beginning of a steady drop for Leeds...
    Originally posted by Ego
    I can't help but feel that this is the beginning of a steady drop for Leeds...

*claps hands and gets all excited at the very thought*

So, as a follow up who do you think is going to replace him?

Two names mentioned today are Martin O'Neill and Mick McCarthy, but I can;t see either of them giving up their present posts...

but what about Gus Hiddinck - do you think he would want to go to Leeds...?
    Last night i came up with a list of five, O'Neill, McCarthy, Hiddink, Scolari and Venables, I fancy one of the five and its looking like it will be O'Neill :) McClaren, Strachan and Bryan Robson could be decent outside bets.
    Originally posted by ebb
    ...O'Neill, McCarthy, Hiddink, Scolari and Venables...McClaren, Strachan and Bryan Robson could be decent outside bets.

I've already sadi what I think about three of them. I can't see Scolari gving up Brazil for Leeds somehow, and Venable can't live without his TV jobs, Robson is too recognised at a Red to be accepted by the Leeds fans - although McClaren might scrape through....Strachan though is possible
    Scolari is at present leaving Brazil, he has said sunday will be his last game in charge and he has indicated in the past he loves the english game and would like to manage here, he's a forest fan you know :)
    Originally posted by ebb
    he's a forest fan you know :)

Dream on, he won't come to you :)

I think he would be looking at one of the big three teams at the mo if he came here. I can't see him taking the drop from Brazil to Leeds...

Would you?
    lol, I don't believe for one minute he would come to Forest ! I do however think their is a chance he will go to Leeds although far from favourite :) Intrestingly, Paul Hart our manager is in the bookies favourite list, he was responsible for their explosion of youth talent and likewise at Forest, he played for them and should know alot of their players well.

Platt is another name thats been mentioned and how about Vialli / Guillet ?
    Would you trade Hart for Scolari then? :)

I think that Leeds would be foolish to appoint either Vialli or Gullit.

If I was a Leeds fan, I'd want Gus...
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Would you trade Hart for Scolari then? :)

As hard as it is to believe no ! Hart has done a wonderful job with no money, he worked as youth director for a couple of years and yielded amazing players eg Jenas and there is plenty more where he came from. He knows the team and how to get the best out of it, we are in for a tough season with no money and we will probably have to sell :( I doubt Scolari would know what the hell to do in such a situation.
    Originally posted by ebb
    As hard as it is to believe no !

Doesn't surprise me.

If you have a team with the talent that Brazil have, you've got to be fairly crap not to deliver in the World Cup...
    Heard on the news last night that Martin O'Neill is staying at Celtic. :)
    How about Sven? :D he may want a summer job!
    How about Sven? :D he may want a summer job!

He's off to Manchester United after the European Championships in 2004, I'd bet my life on it ;)