Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Brain Teasers and Riddles!

independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
The other day in Psychology we basically were split into teams to solve some riddles and it gave me a (maybe terrible) idea for a thread on here just for a bit of fun.

So, the idea. Basically, I'll start by posting a riddle, and whoever posts below tries to solve it and then posts their own. No googling (the answers obvs, I dont expect you all to know half a million riddles haha). Let the person who answered yours know if it's correct or not.

So, I'll start:
2 mothers and 2 daughters went out to eat. They bought burgers, but they only ate 3 burgers between them.
Why is this?

Ready, set, go!!
“Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”

Comments

• independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Aidan wrote: »
    I think I've got it but I'm probably wrong! :)

Is one of the daughters also the mother of the other daughter? So it's just three people?

I like this idea!

Absolutely right! Haha!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
    Love riddles well done Aidan nice answer.

How about these,

Read me one way and I'm a number, read me the other way and I can be a trap. What am I?

3 doctors says that Joe is their brother but Joe says he hasn't got any brothers how is this possible?

I'm lighter than air but even the strongest man in the world is unable to lift me, what am I?

The person who made it doesn't want it, the person who buys it doesn't need it and the person who needs it doesn't know he needs it. What is it?

A detective is called to a hotel where he finds a woman who has jumped from her bedroom window on the 10th floor. The detective starts into investigate. Starting on the bottom floor he opens the window and drops a penny out of the window to the ground where she fell. He goes to the second floor and does the same he goes to the 3rd floor and does the same. He does this for all 15 floors. He then goes back to the ground floor and says "I have no doubt about it this was definitely a murder!" How did he know?

A woman lives alone in a block of flats, one day she hears a knock on the door. A man stands before her and looks at her and apologises saying "I'm sorry I thought this was my room" the woman shuts the door and locks it behind her and then calls the police. What made the woman call the police?
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    :crazyeyes to these!
    I'm lighter than air but even the strongest man in the world is unable to lift me, what am I?
    A cloud? A shadow? :chin:
    A woman lives alone in a block of flats, one day she hears a knock on the door. A man stands before her and looks at her and apologises saying "I'm sorry I thought this was my room" the woman shuts the door and locks it behind her and then calls the police. What made the woman call the police?
    Because she lives alone in the entire block, right? So the man wouldn't get the 'wrong room' if no one else lives in the building?
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
    Are the 3 doctors women?
    Is the number ten and the other way net?
    Because the woman lived alone in the flats?
    Not sure about the others.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    [FONT=&quot]“Three friends decide to split the bill after a meal at a restaurant. The waiter says the bill is £30, so each guest pays £10.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“Later the waiter realises the bill should only be £25. To rectify this, he takes £5 from the amount to return to the group.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“On the way to the table, the waiter realises that he cannot divide the money equally. As the customers didn't know the total of the revised bill, the waiter decides to just give each of the three friends £1 and keep £2 for himself.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“Each guest got £1 back: so now each guest only paid £9; bringing the total paid to £27. The waiter has £2. And £27 + £2 = £29 so, if the guests originally handed over £30, what happened to the remaining £1?”
    [/FONT]

Weekender Offender 
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Aidan wrote: »
    That's not a riddle,

I do believe it is a brain teaser though.
    Weekender Offender 
    Hey guys here are the answers to my riddles.

1. Ten is a number but backwards its net

2. The doctors are his sisters

3. many good and valid answers but it was a bubble

4. A coffin

5 if she jumped then the window would have been open but it was closed so she couldn't have jumped.

6. I think I wrote that a bit wrong lol but if the guy thought it was his room he would have just tried to open the door not knock
    Ah, well done @Aidan for solving the money one. Those ones really creep me out - I obviously can't add either haha.
    And thank you for those answers OIAM!!

I'm gonna find some more riddles.
    Couldn't get that flipping thing to post for about 10 minutes. Fixed now thank god!
    AH SHIT!
    @The Mix can you delete some of these duplicates for me? Urgh. I thought they hadn't gone through. Crap. All except the last 2.
    AH SHIT!
    @The Mix can you delete some of these duplicates for me? Urgh. I thought they hadn't gone through. Crap. All except the last 2.

Done. :)
    Mike wrote: »

Done. :)

Ahh thank you!!
    Ok well we did a ton more riddles in Psych/RE today... here's a few.

1. A is the father of B, but B is not the son of A. How is this possible.
    2. Tom's height is 6'0, and he works as an assistant at a butcher's shop. He has size 9 feet. What does he weigh?
    3. It happens once a minute, twice a moment, yet never an a thousand years. What is it?
    4. What's at the end of a rainbow?
    5. A murderer is condemned to death. He has a choice of 3 rooms. The first is full of blazing fire. The second has a group of assassins with guns. The third has lions that haven't eaten for 3 years... Which room is safest for the murderer?

I shall have a look for some more on my memory pen tomorrow (I saved them just for this thread.
    I'll give it a go

1. B is the daughter?
    2. Meat
    3. Not sure
    4. ...........
    5 3rd cus the lions are dead.

Nice ones

How about this

What instrument can you hear but you can't see and can't touch?
    Think you're right Aidan. (To Independents riddles)

I like you're thinking about my riddle but nope :p I'll leave it bit longer yet though
    What instrument can you hear but you can't see and can't touch?

I feel like this is going to be something we're never going to guess like 'wind' or something. :lol:

I have six faces but not even one body connected, 21 eyes in total but cannot see. What am I?
    Aidan and OIAM got the answers to mine.... yaaa well done both of you!!

@Mike is yours a dice?

OIAM I'm not sure about yours..... the suspense is KILLING ME!!!
    Ha ha ha I think you guys have waited long enough :p

The answer is....................... your voice
    You can't see it or touch it but it can be an instrument when you sing
    Ha ha ha I think you guys have waited long enough :p

The answer is....................... your voice
    You can't see it or touch it but it can be an instrument when you sing

I just said "Oh my god" out loud (at the fact that I couldn't get this) now everyone in my house will think I've gone mad! Thank you!!
    @Mike is yours a dice?
    Aidan wrote:
    A dice!!! Yes!

Winning. :)

Yup :yippe: