Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I haven't felt this way before

One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
It sounds weird but when I speak to this guy I can't help but smile and feel giddy. I'm normally terrible at having a conversation but we always have something to talk about all the time. I also have issues when using the phone almost like anxiety. He said it's fine and that it will come in time. We really want to see each other but both agreed that it's a little to soon yet (met him on a dating site 😳)

Even in my last relationship I didn't quite feel right. I was attracted to him but I was never actually relaxed with him. I didn't have these feelings and he was very clingy for example (true example) I texted him saying I was ill with a migraine so was going turn my phone off and try sleep it off. I awoke 2 hours later to 20 missed calls and 15 messages. I rang him and he was upset and said he thought he'd done something wrong. This happened again when I was in an exam. Anyway this isn't about him.

I can't help but want to pick my phone up when he hs text. We can have a joke and I actually feel comfortable with the jokes and things he say. I also feel comfortable making jokes which I never did before. I wouldn't say I had a cheeky side but I feel as if I can be a bit cheeky with him and he is with me.

I don't really know why I wrote this thread 😂😂 just im a very good mood

Comments

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    Awww Million, this is so lovely! Nothing much compares to having someone you really gel with and can relax around. I don't have much to say other than good for you. :yippe:
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Thats lovely:)
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,031 Boards Guru
    Hey @One-in-a-million this is so sweet, really happy for you! :yippe:
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • Options
    LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Ahhhh OIAM this is so refreshing and I am so pleased for you lovely xx
  • Options
    One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 599 Incredible Poster
    Thanks guys it's very early days yet but it's just nice to speak to someone Xx