Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hi I'm Josh

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, a fair warning to people reading this that what I'm about to share is pretty dark but at the same time its a release for me.
Its currently 18/05/17 its been one day since I watched my mother take her last breath. She died of metastatic carcinoma, or spreading of cancer. Some images we will never be able to erase from our memory and I can't stop seeing her take that last breath.
My mother always worried about others, never ever thought of herself so in memory of her I want you all to know whether you're:
A girl or a boy
Lesbian, gay, bisexual, straight or anything
fat or skinny
happy or sad
whatever your skin tone
I'm here and ill never turn you away.
thank you.:heart:

Comments

• AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Heyy Joshua,

Welcome to the community! I'm really sorry to hear your mum passed away yesterday, I hope you're okay. There's some amazing support here from our lovely community members, so if there's ever anything you want to talk about we're here for you too. :yippe:
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    Hi Joshua,

Sorry to hear about your mum - welcome to the mix though and I hope you can reach out for some support here :)
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Heya Josh, and welcome to the community. :wave: My condolences - it's so admirable of you to offer your unconditional support to everyone here. As the others said, we're here for you too so do use this space to get some support for yourself if you'd like to.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi!
    I'm so so sorry for your mom :( I'm here for you too, anytime <3 Stay strong ok? Your mom would be incredibly proud of you.

I'm only a PM away.
    Welcome :)
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hi Josh, welcome to the boards. I'm so so sorry to hear about your mum, that must be awful!! We are all here for you! Xx
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”