Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hi I'm Ellie

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm 20 years old and a very shy, I struggle in many social situations as I'm a very anxious person. I was diagnosed with bipolar 2 when I was 18 and over the past couple of years it has been a real struggle. I have a huge amount of support from my family but sometimes feel that I am a burden and bring them down. I have a partner who I've been with for 6 years and every day he does his best to make me smile. Although I have all of these amazing people in my life I don't want them to feel like its their responsibility to make me happy. After I was diagnosed i didn't (and still haven't) recive/d any support. I am on permanent medication to try help but at the moment it isn't even working. I wanted to know if there was some alternative to more/different medication. I just need some new kind of support or advice or just how to cope daily when I feel like this .
Many thanks
E x

Comments

• CharlotteCharlotte Posts: 229 Trailblazer
    Hi ellie
    ​ welcome to the boards, hope we can help you well done for posting here.

• AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Hey Ellie,

Welcome to the boards! :wave:

Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Welcome to the boards Ellie!

Theres lots of apps that I use to help with my mental health some including Calm Harm, Booster buddy and Silver linings.
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Hi Ellie, I'm Eleanor and I'm 14, I just wanted to say a huge welcome to the boards. I hope we can help you x
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,285 Part of The Furniture
    Hey Ellie, and welcome to the community. :wave:

I'm Mike, one of the moderators you'll be popping in and out. :) Feel free to start a thread over in Health & Wellbeing about your situation.
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • LaineLaine Deactivated Posts: 2,762 Boards Guru
    Hi Ellie and a huge welcome to the boards :)

🌈Positive thoughts🌈

"This is my family. I found it, all on my own.
    It's little, and Broken, but still good. Yeah. Still good." ~ Stitch

"Lately, I've been struggling with all the simple things in my life" ~ Cian Ducrot

"I don't know if it's because my heart hurts or I'm insecure" ~ Juice Wrld