Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Film Club: Bridesmaids

*BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey people :wave:

Sooo...

This thread is going to be a place for us all to discuss the film. I look forward to reading your replies. :heart:

So I thought maybe asking some questions could get the discussion going. :thumb:

What did you like best about this film, and why you liked that bit the best?

Would you recommend this film to others?

How do you feel after watching this film?

Feel free to add your own questions to the discussion.

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
" So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
'' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Heyy,

This is one of my favourite films, but there's one scene that I love the best which is when the lady takes 9 of the puppies home from the party! It's my favourite because the puppies are so cute and it's probably something I would do!

<iframe src="//giphy.com/embed/wrzFHpYgdBcM8" width="480" height="200.35714285714286" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/bridesmaids-dog-melissa-mccarthy-wrzFHpYgdBcM8">via GIPHY</a></p>

I would recommend this film to everyone!

After watching this film I felt really happy because there's loads of moments that made me laugh!

How about you @*BananaMonkey*?

- Aife
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    My favourite parts are
    1) when annie and helen are giving the speeches and they both just wont let the other finish
    giphy.gif

2) When they are on the aeroplane and annie takes the pills from helen and tries to sneak into first class

giphy.gif

I just find it really funny. I would def recommend this film to other people - it always cheers me up when I'm feeling down.
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    My favourite parts are
    1) when annie and helen are giving the speeches and they both just wont let the other finish
    giphy.gif

2) When they are on the aeroplane and annie takes the pills from helen and tries to sneak into first class

giphy.gif

I just find it really funny. I would def recommend this film to other people - it always cheers me up when I'm feeling down.

Love both of these scenes too Jelly! So funny when she tries to sneak back into first class wearing sunglasses!
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    Aife wrote: »

Love both of these scenes too Jelly! So funny when she tries to sneak back into first class wearing sunglasses!

what about the part where megan goes to see Annie when she is really depressed and starts hitting her saying "im life annie" telling her to fight back?????? I really like that part too because it's good for real life when life bites you on the arse you have to fight back :)
    The sun will rise and we will try again 

what about the part where megan goes to see Annie when she is really depressed and starts hitting her saying "im life annie" telling her to fight back?????? I really like that part too because it's good for real life when life bites you on the arse you have to fight back :)

That's a great scene Jelly, I really like that one too!

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Thank you for all your replies :thumb:

It sounds like you all enjoyed the film, which is good.. I am going to be doing another thread at some point this weekend, so you can pick a genre for another film

Sound okay?

:heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
    That sounds great @*BananaMonkey* thank you :)