Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Work

Laura12345Laura12345 Posts: 265 The Mix Regular
So at the weekend I got told that the supervisors at work are all moving round and this has made me feel bad about going to work. This is because the 2 supervisors that I feel I can speak to are going to be moving upstairs and I am downstairs staff so I wont be able to talk to them. This move hasn't come at the wrong time because on Sunday (30th April) it will be 6yrs since my friend and her family got murdered and the only person at work that knows about it is one of the supervisors that are moving upstairs from this weekend. I know that work is going to be hard on this day as it was last year and I don't know what to do because the supervisor that knows is moving upstairs so it wont be as easy to talk to her.

​At work on Sunday I did something to my ankle and I ended up being rushed into a and e last night because of my ankle pain. Anyway ive got work tomorrow which I defintly need to phone in sick for due to the injury but I don't know what to say as I hate letting people down . I did get a phone call just now and I have a feeling it was work so I ignored the call as I cant work at the moment.

Comments

• DreaDrea Posts: 292 The Mix Regular
    Hey Laura,

Really sorry to hear about your friend and her family, thoughts are with you. Do you maybe have the number of the supervisor who will be moving upstairs that knows about your friend? Maybe you could text them or call them (or meet up with her if you're comfortable to do that) and tell them that you're feeling uncomfortable and see what they have to say?

If you had to go to a&e about your ankle, you have every right to call in sick! If you think about it, if you're injured and you can't work then even if you do come in, there wouldn't be much for you to do! That way if you do call in sick, they could potentially get someone to cover for you! You won't be letting anyone down because your excuse is perfectly valid!

Hope your ankle gets better! Speak soon :)

Drea:heart:
  • Laura12345Laura12345 Posts: 265 The Mix Regular
    Hi Drea. Thanks for the reply. Thanks for that and yeah I do have a way of contacting the supervisor that knows about my friend. I just feel I need to make sure the downstairs supervisors know about how I'm likely to be feeling on Sunday so they take it easy with me. Yeh I will be phoning in sick for work tomorrow but I hope to go back on Thursday or Friday. Yeh I cant walk without my ankle giving me a lot of pain and one of the managers know how bad it got on Sunday. Yeh I will ring in the morning so that they can possibly find someone to cover me. Yea hope my ankle recovers soon.
  • DreaDrea Posts: 292 The Mix Regular
    that all sounds like a good idea! hope it goes well
    Drea:heart: