Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Dentist and numbing

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
I'm just wondering if anyone out there has gotten a filling without numbing and whether it hurt?

I'm seeing the dentist in two weeks time and the last time I saw her she told me I needed a filling, that was 6 months ago ( before uni started).

I've only ever had one filling before and she numbed my mouth but I didn't like the pain of it and the numbness because it lasted quite a while. I'm debating whether or not to get my mouth numbed because of that.

I don't have a fear of the dentist and I had a good relationship with her, I am honest and she can usually tell if things haven't been too good on the b/p side of things so i'm a little nervous because I know I've aggravated it in the last 6 months.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hahaha, it's a pretty a good excuse, I love ice cream

Luckily there's no sensitivity or pain at the moment but I'll bare that in mind :)
    I've had fillings done both with and without a local anaesthetic injection. There was sharp severe pain from the drilling on the occasions that I'd not had the injection.
    Thanks for the feedback, I've decided to get the numbing injection.