Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Film Club, Plan of action!

*BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
edited January 2023 in General Chat

Attachment not found.

Hey everybody :wave:

I posted a thread about seeing if people would be interested in bringing back film club. Quite a few people were interested, so I have been in contact with the staff team here to see if we can bring it back, and I'm pleased to say we can.

However we need to put forward a proposal to see what you all think.

Here is it....

How often would you want to watch a film and then discuss it? E.g. weekly, fortnightly or monthly?

I will set up a poll so you lovely lot can vote for the film that we will discuss. The poll will be on a thread and anybody can vote. I was thinking maybe we could also have a theme as to what film we are going to watch, e.g. (Christmas film in December, Horror film in October etc)

We will use the boards to discuss the film that we have watched, once I have an idea of how often you want to watch the film I can look at setting a time and day for film club.

Hope this all helps.

Looking forward to getting your feedback :heart:
" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
" So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
'' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    Yushhh we got this!!! :hyper::hyper: I think monthly might be best xx:heart:
  • *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    louisa982 wrote: »
    Yushhh we got this!!! :hyper::hyper: I think monthly might be best xx:heart:

Thanks for the feedback Louisa, :thumb:

Once I get some other members feedback then I'll be able to start it.

I'm looking forward to it. :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    Aidan wrote: »
    Love this idea!!! Fortnightly would be often enough in my opinion- but any longer than a month between films would be a bit of a stretch for me

But don't know about anyone else!!! Just get this started soon and I don't care!

Thanks for your feedback.

I can't just get it started until I have enough feedback, cos I want to do it properly :thumb:
    Anyone else have any feedback to the questions in this thread? :thumb:
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I agree with fortnightly. I think weekly would be too much too
    Brill. Thanks for all the feedback. Ill give it a few more days and then I'll look to start it all. I am excited :thumb:
    UPDATE

So...

As a few of you have said fortnightly would work better I am going to do film club on a Saturday, the time could be flexible so if you guys can comment on this thread which times you would prefer and I will see which time works out the best. :thumb:

Also I was thinking about having a theme for each film we watch. If you guys have some ideas on themes then lemme know that would be brill :heart:

Once I have all the info I'll start a new thread and we can begin film club.

I'm rather excited, hope you lovely people are too :heart:

Look forward to hearing your views.

• HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    Theme - Disney :P also saturday any time is fine, mainly evening
    Hann wrote: »
    Theme - Disney :P also saturday any time is fine, mainly evening

We could do disney films if you want too. :)

Cool :heart:
    Aidan wrote: »
    By theme, you mean like a genre or just the general idea of the film?

With the time, I think late afternoon/evening would do best, but that's just my opinion.

Cant wait to see where this goes either!!

Yeah like genre or, like say a christmas film in dec, horror film in oct. That kinda thing.

Well that week I won't be watching XD
    Okay shall we go with a disney theme for the first one then? Start with an easy theme.
    Yess! :d

I vote Lilo and Stitch :p
  • Past UserPast User Posts: 976 Part of The Mix Family
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I am going to add a thread with a film poll, so you can vote for a film you want to watch and then next Saturday we can start film club :thumb: