Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Some GOOD news!!

AllieAllie Posts: 235 Trailblazer
Ahhh i am so happy, not only do i get to move to a more permanent place soon but my support worker just phoned the community mental health team and they have said that they WILL care manage me, i will be allocated a care co-ordinater soon! I will finally get the support i need!!

Comments

• CharlotteCharlotte Posts: 229 Trailblazer
    That's great news
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    I've got a care co-ordinator and she is really helpful better than my previous cpn was anyway so I hope your assigned care co-ordinator will be too and hope you won't have to wait too long! And it's great that you get to move to a permanent place soon too! I'm really pleased for you.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This is great news kayden! Really happy for you, keep us updated on how it goes!
  • AllieAllie Posts: 235 Trailblazer
    Thanks you all for your comments!! Although ive had a bad night. I havent purged in about 4 months. Tonight i broke that. I was on a high after all the good news i had, the normal high things happened, thinking about college, volunteering, joining animal rights groups, thought i was on top of the world!! Then i started drinking alcohol and binge eating, i kept on eating and eating until i found myself on the bathroom floor feeling disgusting and fat. Why did this happen!!!!!
    Sorry you feel this way, take some time to thing over the good news for yourself.
  • micamica Deactivated Posts: 98 Budding Regular
    Hi Kayden,

Congrats on the great news about your housing and getting the support you need!!! Sorry to hear about the slight slip up you had, but perhaps consider labelling it as just that- a slip up- and committing to yourself to not act on those behaviours in the future. Easier said than done, but maybe worth trying?! :yes:

How are you getting on today?

- Mica
  • AifeAife Community Manager Posts: 3,026 Boards Guru
    Hey Kayden,

That's great news you'll be moving to a permanent place and going to get the support you need. Do keep us updated on how it goes :)

It's okay to have slip ups, you've done really well to talk about it and like Mica said labeling it as just a slip up and not letting it hold you back from how far you've come might be a helpful way to look at it :)

- Aife
    Maybe somethings don't get better, but we do. We get stronger. We learn to live with our situations as messy and ugly as they are. We fix what we can and we adapt to what we can't. Maybe some of us will never fully be okay, but at least we're here. We're still trying. We're doing the best we can. That's worth celebrating too ❤
    Hi Mica and Aife,

Thank you for yohr kind words. Im moving tomorrow or tuesday at the latest so im spending today packing my stuff and cleaning my room. Also put a dye on my hair, something i have been avoiding for days. Finally have enough energy to do it. Ive spent most of the weekend crying over my weight.. lol.. i feel so disgusting.
    Just had a phone call from my new care co-ordinator at the cmht. Meeting her for a first visit next Tuesday. Have no idea what im going to say.. on another note staff knocked my door to say there was no house meeting and then said i look ill. Im quite pale. Ive cut out fizzy drinks all together (except alcohol, fk that) im just on water. So maybe im not getting enough sugar?
    Been told im moving at 3pm today. Will be in my new pad soon! :P
    That's good are you looking forward to it?
    Hey Harriet.

Yes i am quite excited for it! Mostly for the en suite lol.. hate sharing bathrooms one of my biggest issues. Although, worried as i think i know where it is and if it is where i think it is my mums friends mum lives a few doors over which is not good as i cant see them. Ugh nothing is ever simple! But if it happens to be true i will be placed somewhere else.
    Sounds really good, I am sure it will be fine. unsuites are great. What would happen if you did end up seeing your mums friend? Great you finally are feeling a little better.
    Finally bathroom privacy! I hate showering etc when i know others probably need to use the bathroom. It wouldnt be good. None of them are supposed to know where im living. They think im in a different city. Thanks Harriet, hope all is well with you x
    Sounds good, hopefully this can get everything sorted and they are not there, need to make sure your safe. I am ok
    All moved in. Thankfully its not where i thought, and thinking about it none family will find me. Its actually great here, glad you are ok x
    Sounds really good, so pleased your happy x
    Eh so im struggling today. I had my first group session about dealing with the effects of domestic abuse.. also.. a resident said to me "my son has bpd like you, not being mean but it could be that your mum just couldnt cope with you" YES CUSE THATS REALLY AN EXCUSE TO PUT ME THROUGH DOMESTIC ABUSE.

I am fuming thats why i didnt attend SC tonight. Im sat on my floor with a bottle of vodka drowning my anger and sorrows..
    This is not true you should never have to experience this abuse. Nothing is your fault, sorry you are feeling this way I hope they are more useful in the future.

Is there any distraction methods which help you avoid the alcohol?

Hugs
  • JellyelephantJellyelephant Posts: 1,869 Extreme Poster
    KaydenK wrote: »
    Eh so im struggling today. I had my first group session about dealing with the effects of domestic abuse.. also.. a resident said to me "my son has bpd like you, not being mean but it could be that your mum just couldnt cope with you" YES CUSE THATS REALLY AN EXCUSE TO PUT ME THROUGH DOMESTIC ABUSE.

I am fuming thats why i didnt attend SC tonight. Im sat on my floor with a bottle of vodka drowning my anger and sorrows..
    Hey kayden,

I hope you are doing ok. Sorry for what that resident said to you, abuse is not excusable. Just because you have BPD it doesnt give people a reason to treat you badly. I hope things are going well otherwise in your new accomodation.

Take care of your lovely self
    x
    The sun will rise and we will try again 
    Hi both,

I spoke to my support worker about what the resident said. She said she is going to bring it up as a general topic in the house meeting but she has to speak to the other residents support worker about it. She said she can see that i carry an enermous amount of self blame and i shouldnt. Will be attending groups to help me deal with this.

Picked up my medication from the GP today and there was a note left for me - to ring the doctor for medication review.. 1. I dont even know if they can increase my anti psychotic. 2. Only been on mirtazapine for 1 week so its too early for a review of that. I will be asking for lorazepam or to try diazepam because my anxiety gets so bad that my muscle tense up and hurt and they wont relax by themself. Also, anxiety is getting in the way of discussing important information with people. AND nobody decided to tell me that mirtazapine is the culprut for my recent weight gain, they should of looked at my fooking records before giving me meds which will make me gain weight!! Now im back to binging and purging because my anxoety levels are so high around my weight so they best give me some damn loraz or diaz. Its going to be a telephone medication review cuse i aint walking up no massive bloody hill for a third day in a row. They are having a laugh. God i was so hungover this morning. Had a few shots of vodka not long after i woke up - hair of the dog. Tbh probs wouldnt need to drink if i was on diaz or loraz, it would relax me so i wouldnt need alcohol to relax me.

Im just rambling now.. see you all on chat tonight xx
    It sounds good that your support worker is able to give you some help and advice to make sure that this is a safe environment for you to be in.

All the meds stuff sounds really confusing, hopefully you can get it sorted