Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Having thoughts of hurting someone..

AllieAllie Posts: 235 Trailblazer
Hello dont be alarmed. Ive been having thoughts tonight and the voice has been encouraging me to hurt someone, hurt someone who really deserves it. I am hesitant to discuss this with my workers as i dont know if they or the cmht have an obligation to inform the person i am having thoughts of hurting. I most very likely wont, they are just thoughts and encouragement from the voice. Thanks.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't think they're obliged to inform the intended victim, but they could arrange for you to be sectioned.
    Or talk to you about whats going on and why you feel this way.

Or perhaps talk you out of such thoughts and remind you of what the consequences might be if you act on your thoughts.

Hope you're okay

V :)
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Hi kayden.
    Reality is they probably wont section you for just this. So please don't let that put you of telling them or scare you off.
    Telling them and talking through why it like V said, would be could help you maybe see more clearly and think of consequence.
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
    Or anonymously tell someone neutral, such as a helpline.
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    It also depends what age the person is you're having thoughts of harming are too and if you disclose this (the age of the person)
  • AllieAllie Posts: 235 Trailblazer
    Hi all, thanks for your replies.

Im not the type of person to ever hurt anyone else except myself - lets just get that straight.
    Dont know why i am having these thoughts, they are distressing to me. I have decided not to tell anyone, but will if it carries on. This person is wayyy older than me. I have just briefly spoken to my support worker about my relapse with binge eating and purging last night. She wants to discuss it more at 2pm when she is not on call as the phone kept interupting us. I found out im moving monday or tuesday.
    @Kayden never doubted you for a second :yes: I've had thoughts like this before I spoke to my CPN (when I had one) and we spoke about what would happen and what not. These things happen and you won't be the first or the last.

P.s congrats on the good news!
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    KaydenK wrote: »
    Hi all, thanks for your replies.

Im not the type of person to ever hurt anyone else except myself - lets just get that straight.
    Dont know why i am having these thoughts, they are distressing to me. I have decided not to tell anyone, but will if it carries on. This person is wayyy older than me. I have just briefly spoken to my support worker about my relapse with binge eating and purging last night. She wants to discuss it more at 2pm when she is not on call as the phone kept interupting us. I found out im moving monday or tuesday.

Of course. And sounds like a good idea to tell someone if it carries on.
    It's something yoy can't control so don't let what people think come in the way.
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley