Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Long Distance Relationship

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone,
Im looking for some advice :) I have been with my boyfriend for 3 years and we have always lived apart and seen each other on weekends, however he is about to go abroad to work for 5 1/2 months which is extremely daunting! I just wanted to know if anyone else has any experiences of long distance relationships and how they have coped with these?

Thank you
Becky :)

Comments

• Options
    DreaDrea Posts: 292 The Mix Regular
    Hey Becky,

Welcome to the boards!

It can be pretty tough when you're going through an LDR, however I guess in this situation it's a little better that it won't always be an LDR but rather part time! With that being said there are ways of trying to make it as least hard as possible! We aren't relationships experts and I haven't personally been in an LDR but things which may often help are regular skype calls and facetime! These tend to be the biggest help since you get to see each other :) As hard as it is, remember that it won't always be like this and it is only temporary! Here is a link which has some good tips for LDRs! Hope you find it useful: http://www.themix.org.uk/sex-and-relationships/relationships/long-distance-relationships-2943.html

Have a great day,
    Drea:heart: