Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

2 Years on from a tragic experience in my life and still hurts more than ever

Laura12345Laura12345 Posts: 265 The Mix Regular
This is hard to write but I need as much support as possible right now as its getting to me right now. So 2 years ago on the 19/3/15 in the early hours of the morning after being out for my 18th birthday I was involved in a serious car accident which led to me having a miscarriage. This has had a big impact on my life and I worry about the thought of getting pregnant again.

​Can being underweight effect the chances of getting pregnant? Can being underweight effect the chances of a baby surviving? These questions have been on my mind recently.

​Need as much support as possible right now

Comments

• SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Sorry to hear that happened to you.
    I cant say I know how you're feeling but it must of been tramuatic and can understand it would impact you. And maybe a natural response to be fearful of pregnancies.
    But being underweight can affect your chances of getting pregnant. Are you thinking of getting pregnant soon? It would be a good idea to try and get to a healthy weight before trying to give best possible chances. And to start eating more healthy when being pregnant. But that being said I'm sure there have been healthy pregnancies when people are underweight.
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Laura12345Laura12345 Posts: 265 The Mix Regular
    Hi Shaunie. Thanks for the reply. Yeh its been hard and thanks for your information on being underweight and pregnant. I have a slight feeling I might already be pregnant again too be honest which is why I asked these questions.
  • Pink+fluffyPink+fluffy Posts: 84 Budding Regular
    Hey Laura,
    I know it's been a difficult time for you recently, having to relive all of these terrible memories whilst going through a lot of other crap too, it's not been easy on you, but you're so strong and you will pull through, I believe in you 💗 Being underweight may affect your pregnancy though so really try to get better, but I know you're doing you're best already, you can do this.
    Alice xx
    Hey Pink and fluffy. Yeh its been difficult for me recently and I didn't really want to have to relive the terrible things in life but at the same time I felt it might help because then others can have help if they are going or have gone through something similar and I just felt it might help to let others know whats been going on for me! Thanks for saying I'm a strong person and I hope I can get through all of this but this has been the hardest thing for me to deal with in my whole life! I'm trying hard to get myself better. Ive got a scan tomorrow to find out if I'm pregnant again which I'm really worried about too be honest. Thanks Alice for having the confidence in me even I don't have the confidence in myself
    I hope your scan goes again tomorrow, are you going to take anyone with you to have it? xx
    Hi Pink and Fluffy x Thanks hopefully the scan will go ok, I don't know what I want the result to be right now too be honest, yeh my auntie said she will go with me,
    That's great 😊
  • micamica Deactivated Posts: 98 Budding Regular
    Hey Laura,

Best of luck on your scan today. Feel free to update us on how it goes!

Wishing you the best,

- Mica
    hi all. Just come out of my scan and I'm 50/50 about the result I just got too be honest. I am indeed pregnant but right now I'm unsure if this is a good thing or not because of what happened 2 years ago!