Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Keep getting bad news and don't want to continue

CharlotteCharlotte Posts: 229 Trailblazer
Going through a hard time at the moment I keep getting bad news, every day comes with another bit of bad news. I don't know what to do anymore I just want some good news and something to be positive.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey there Harriet!
    Sorry to hear that you keep getting bad news, I can't imagine how stressful this can be for you.
    Do you want to talk about any of the bad news at all?
    Hope you'll be okay,
    Hiccup
  • CharlotteCharlotte Posts: 229 Trailblazer
    Hiccup wrote: »
    Hey there Harriet!
    Sorry to hear that you keep getting bad news, I can't imagine how stressful this can be for you.
    Do you want to talk about any of the bad news at all?
    Hope you'll be okay,
    Hiccup

Thanks Hiccup for the reply, your correct that it's stressful. I am struggling to talk about the bad news.

Harriet
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hopefully you'll have some positive news soon and things will start picking up for you. Feel free to talk about what's going on when you feel able to
    Hiccup
    Thanks, would love to have some positive news but don't think that will happen at the moment I can just see things getting worse and worse.

Harriet
  • SienaSiena Posts: 15,463 Skive's The Limit
    Keep posting if it helps.
    I know things are shit but it doesn't last forever.
    And hope things get easier for you soon.
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Pink+fluffyPink+fluffy Posts: 84 Budding Regular
    I know it feels rubbish when you keep getting bad news, but don't lose hope there will be a peace of good news at some point, it won't always be like this
    Alice xx☺️
    its just constant, more bad news today and then I already know that there is bad news to come tomorrow, this feels like it is never going to end, I just want to run away from everything.
    ​sorry harriet x
    Have you ever tried mindfulness, I really suggest it, its great. I know it feels like the bad news will never stop, but the bad news is like a storm, it is horrible when it is here and we think it will never pass but it does eventually and so will the bad news,
    Alice xx
    I have tried it before and didn't really fit into the lifestyle which I have, I just don't have time to sit down and spend time for myself. if I am not getting bad news then I am constantly being told what I need to do, want to give up.
    ​harriet x
    Ah ok, it isn't for everyone. Don't give up, in 5, 10, 20 years time, it won't feel like this anymore, just remember that 🌅 I'm always here if you want to talk,
    Alice xx
    thanks, I don't have 5 years to wait for things to change though.
    harriet x
    Well it could be a day a week, a month, a year, an hour, you never know,
    Alice
    I'm really sorry if I didn't help just then, so sorry xx❤️❤️
    No it's fine I understand that it could take any time and no one knows how long it could take, I sometimes wish I could just tell someone everything which is going on get it all out of my head but I can't
    If you ever feel like you can say anything about the ad news at all, I'm here,
    Alice xx❤️❤️
    Thanks Alice