Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Caught!

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Turtle

Yes, it could buy you 20 laptops. But there's a reason these people are crooks: they're trying to get rich quick. At least have the honour of doing it the legal way.

Money is not everything. I honestly can't believe you, you're not even delving into the moral complications of "money can't buy happiness". At least do us the favour and make a pretence of a moral dilemma. :rolleyes:

Morty, you need to get your head straight. Money is useful, but it ain't everything. You're putting yourself at too great risk, and I don't think you're fully appreciating how much this could upset your life if it all goes wrong. Make the call and hand over the money mate.

Hey turtle you are right I am gonna hand the money in first thing in the morning!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by mad_morty

Hey turtle you are right I am gonna hand the money in first thing in the morning!!!!!!!!!!!

Well that took less time than expected. Thank you Morty, there's some cogs still turning then.
  • Options
    *Is unsure what to think*

So come on whats happened?
  • Options
    Sorry morty it may just be my cynical mind, But does anyone else out their reckon this entire story is complete shit?

I find it kinda hard to believe that if someone found 42grand they'd be stupid enough to leave it in their cloths draw!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Turtle

First of all, we'll assume for the moment you did find 42k in a breifcase in a field, because I just don't think you could make this kinda thing up.

Hmmm...

Come on, if you really found 42 grand you're not going to tell a load of people on a messageboard, are you? You're bound to ask a trusted friend or family member about it, that's what I'd do. You don't go posting it all in a public forum.
    And even if you do, you're not going to mention how much money you found as it's pretty obvious everyone will think it's a load of bollocks.
    Ditto the crappy hiding place comments. You fool. :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by Daisychainthing

Hmmm...

Come on, if you really found 42 grand you're not going to tell a load of people on a messageboard, are you? You're bound to ask a trusted friend or family member about it, that's what I'd do. You don't go posting it all in a public forum.
    And even if you do, you're not going to mention how much money you found as it's pretty obvious everyone will think it's a load of bollocks.
    Ditto the crappy hiding place comments. You fool. :p

At last, the voice of sanity. Mad_morty, have you ever thought to yourself that drug dealers/terrorists also have computers with the internet on?? All they have to do is do a search asking if anyone has posted anything about 42grrand and then your screwed! Twat. In future, dont make up random bullshit. And if by some highly improbable and incomprehensable reason you are telling the truth, get some fuckin common sense which is better than that of a 3year old!
  • Options
    Hmm...right, some explaining.

I am, according to some, cynic extroadinaire, so you'd expect me not to believe this cockamamy story about some 42k. And to be totally honest with you, I don't. But I figure, hey, 6,500 members here, the probability of happening to someone isn't THAT high. I mean, highly improbably, but not impossible. (Read Douglas Adams for an explanation regarding improbabilty vs. impossibility.)

Anyways, I put my cycism aside and realised that, if it's true, the kid could in danger. So I helped him. And suggest that, until he's returned the money, y'all do the same. No?
  • Options
    Thank you again turtle!! you seem to be only person in this forum out of 6,500 willing to help me!! I think that for people to come onto this forum and try to make it out as if I am Bullshitting about this story is fucked up!!! I came onto the site to ask you all for help and advice on what to do with the money!! but what do I get?? people saying hmm this is hard to believe etc etc, well then if its so hard to believe don't reply to my bloddy posts!!! Yes theres a possibility that there maybe drug dealers on this site that own the money but In my point of view I find the very highly unlikely... Ok and yes I did hand the money In!! and they told me if someone owns the money there will be a reward but if not then they will keep half of it and give me half back as a bonus for handing it in!! Now for people who don't believe that then don't reply please!!
  • Options
    *wonders what the other half goes on*

How long until they decide if you get half then?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Daisychainthing

Hmmm Ok so YOU would tell a trusted friend or family?? well WE are both two diffrent people so you can do what U like but I would rather get help here ok!!
  • Options
    Originally posted by tweety
    *wonders what the other half goes on*

How long until they decide if you get half then?

they told me anywhere up to 6 months! but if I get the money in 6 months I won't get it till I am 18 in about 7 months!!

As for the *other half* I dont really a clue what they will do with it!!
  • Options
    Yes theres a possibility that there maybe drug dealers on this site that own the money but In my point of view I find the very highly unlikely...

Jesus, I can tell I'm going to regret taking your side. You are the most materialistic pig ignorant sod, and god knows you of all people don't deserve forty two thousand pounds. You really haven't learnt a thing. Something like this would be life changing to a Neandertal man, yet you're blithely ignoring the lessons.

Highly unlikely? But, of course, finding £42k in your field is an everyday occurence? You have no idea of the hypocrisy of what you're saying, do you? You haven't bothered to delve into the complexities of fate and consequence?

*shrugs* Well, can you leave a message when the drug dealers start banging on the door, I'm interested as to how soon that'll happen.
  • Options

I dont really a clue

Nothing new there...
  • Options
    Absolute lunacy. And I can smell troll shit.
This discussion has been closed.