Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What age should you start having sex?

2»

Comments

• Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Rhys wrote: »
    Could we bring this post back onto the topic of "what age should you start having sex" rather then "this person is ready for sex but can't"
    This topic was made to discuss what age does everyone think you should start having sex, not what to do if you can't get sex but are ready, which appeared to be the "elephant"

thanks !!
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,615 Legendary Poster
    Thing is... just because a person is ready for sex doesn't mean they have to have sex as soon as physically possible. Most people are happy to wait for the right time and the right person if they are truely ready for it.

And P.S Robert, forcing someone to have sex at any age (and especially under 16) is always wrong.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thing is... just because a person is ready for sex doesn't mean they have to have sex as soon as physically possible. Most people are happy to wait for the right time and the right person if they are truely ready for it.

Typically, a boy wants to have sex with girls as soon as he can get an erection. Very few want to wait years.

There are huge numbers of people who have to wait several years after they want sex - thousands of days of wanting sex & being completely ready for it, but not being able to find anyone to have sex with.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    And P.S Robert, forcing someone to have sex at any age (and especially under 16) is always wrong.

I wasn't implying otherwise. I was pointing out that many people are forced to start having sex long before they're ready - I wasn't implying that it's a good thing.