Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Why do a lot of girls go to the toilet in groups?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
In nightclubs, pubs etc., girls often go to the toilet in groups. Why do they feel a need to do that? I've never felt the need to have my friends/colleagues accompany me to the toilet, nor do any of my male friends. Toilets are smelly, unpleasant places - so why do they want to have long conversations there?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    1)Needing to pee
    2)Safety
    3)Pictures
    4)Talk(I guess we feel like there's more privacy there and less noise)

Girls toilet's aren't as bad, It's mostly clean. They don't tend to smell, just have hairs and make up smudges at worst.
    1) Surely it's unlikely that all of the group need to go to the toilet at the same time.

2) Is it risky going to the toilet on their own in a pub, nightclub etc.?

3) Taking photos in the toilets?! Why?
  • louisa982louisa982 Posts: 294 The Mix Regular
    Okay Hun let me educate you here because clearly you have no idea. Often I'll be in a group of 3 or 4 people . Now normally one girl will say they need the loo , then another will also want to go and then the other will do their make up. Now I follow them because I don't want to be left alone to be hit on by some creepy drunk arsehole guy who doesn't know his own boundaries. As for photos. Mirrors are fucking pretty. K bye.
    Plus have you seen the mirrors in places like spoons, damn. Also, girls toilets are rly nice and some have seating areas
    Male toilets (especially those in parks, on streets, bus stations etc.) are often disgusting: unflushed toilets full of excrement and urine; toilet paper, urine, empty cans of lager and cigarette ends on the floor; graffiti and drilled holes in the cubicle walls.

I'm surprised that any toilets have seating areas in them.
    Robert wrote: »
    Male toilets (especially those in parks, on streets, bus stations etc.) are often disgusting: unflushed toilets full of excrement and urine; toilet paper, urine, empty cans of lager and cigarette ends on the floor; graffiti and drilled holes in the cubicle walls.

I'm surprised that any toilets have seating areas in them.

Is this a suitable point to highlight that your experience may not be someone else's experience? I.E. you've said that male toilets are disgusting according to your experience, and have therefore assumed that all toilets are disgusting, when actually that's not the case :)
    Hiccup wrote: »
    Plus have you seen the mirrors in places like spoons, damn. Also, girls toilets are rly nice and some have seating areas

I know right! The spoons in london liverpool station have the nicest chairs ever like omg
    Why does it matter why girls go to the toilet together anyway tho
    Purple_roo wrote: »

Is this a suitable point to highlight that your experience may not be someone else's experience? I.E. you've said that male toilets are disgusting according to your experience, and have therefore assumed that all toilets are disgusting, when actually that's not the case :)

I'm not saying that all toilets are disgusting, but I'm still puzzled that anyone would want want to congregate there.
    louisa982 wrote: »

I know right! The spoons in london liverpool station have the nicest chairs ever like omg

Why do they provide chairs in the toilets? That would encourage people to spend longer in there. Unless there's a member of staff selling things in the toilet (which I also find bizarre), it's bad for business to have customers in the toilets for longer.
    Hiccup wrote: »
    Why does it matter why girls go to the toilet together anyway tho

My friends and I are puzzled by it, so I wanted to know the reason(s) for it.
    Robert wrote: »

My friends and I are puzzled by it, so I wanted to know the reason(s) for it.

Well now we have given you reasons so go back and tell your friends it's mainly to avoid them
    Would you like there to be lots of female-only bars, nightclubs etc.? If there were, would you go to the toilets in groups there as well?
  • One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
    Me and my friends don't normally do this unless we know that a member of the group is quite drunk. Normally I'll say to my friends I'm nipping toilet won't be a min and be as quick as I can. Sometimes tho my friend or friends may have had a lot to drink and it's just easier to stay as a group in case we get separated (this has happened due to my drunk friend just going walk about) or as my friend or one of us getting unwanted attention (also from experience) it really depends on out surroundings often we don't all go at the same time.

But like it has been said above sometimes is so we can have a quick conversation without needing to shout over the music, touch up our make up.

Female toilets are quite pleasant depending on where you go. I know ine club we go has a seating area and is decorated beautifully, plus no smell. It's actually nicer than the actual club 😂😂
    it goes like this.
    yoooooooo bae wanna come to the toilet? and we talk about men who have problems with girls going to the toilets together. we talk about their threatened masculinity and we touch up our makeup and take pictures together because we can and we will and it's none of your business. oh and we like to pee together because we're not scared of our sexuality and being in close proximity of another female doesn't make us feel homosexual. so robert, to answer your question. we go to the toilet together because we can and we fucking love it bye.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/276/747/bf9.gif

• HannHann Posts: 3,434 Boards Guru
    They do that at school as well and its kind of weird and I wonder what they are doing. A guy at our school looks over the walls and pretends he wants to ask something but it just an excuse and all the other guys know it but he still thinks we don't realise. I used to be embarrassed because I though he was going to tell every one about how I always do poos in my undies but he never says anything to them.
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    Well... we do it for a lot of reasons most of which already covered in this thread. We do it to touch up our makeup together, keep each other safe and keep the drunk member safe (not me at 14 before you ask), or... shock... to have a conversation about our male counterparts...
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”
  • independent_independent_ Community Champion Posts: 8,610 Legendary Poster
    They do that at school as well and its kind of weird and I wonder what they are doing. A guy at our school looks over the walls and pretends he wants to ask something but it just an excuse and all the other guys know it but he still thinks we don't realise. I used to be embarrassed because I though he was going to tell every one about how I always do poos in my undies but he never says anything to them.

Now... that is weird. Girls just go to the toilets in groups but guys actually look over the walls? Hahahaha.
    “Sometimes the people around you won’t understand your journey. They don’t need to, it’s not for them.”