Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sexuality

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Was watching a programme a couple of weeks ago on sexuality.
Basically saying that there's 5 kinds,
Straight
Gay
Bi
Asexual/Celibate
And men who have sex with other me (and i'd assume the same for women thought not stated)

The last instance was for say guys in prison, who'll shag each other stupid, but when out of prison would slice your nipples off if you went anywhere near 'em with a cock.

Thoughts please:)

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    becoming `prison bent` is quite a common phenomena apparently, just as much among women prisoners as amongst men.
    Is being asexual the same as being celibate then? i thought celibacy meant abstaining from sex - not necessarily being asexual which i assume means not having any sexual feelings at all.
    am i wrong?
    By the actual definition of the words celibate-abstaining from sex, asexual-without having sex, like asexual reproduction 1.e.amaeobas (is that spelt right?)

Anyway, asexuality has come to mean, having no interest in sex, so no you're not wrong.:)
    The prisoners sex thing scares me a bit.

Surely if they were feeling sexually frustrated they would just have a wank ?? Certainly gay sex and heterosexual sex are in my experience, completely different. Unless its a big sexuality exploration thing ??

I dunno....
    I'd say that if i went to prison for a long stretch i would'nt even think about touching another women like that but you never know till it happens :eek:

People who do that sorta thing inside probably miss the emotional/mental side perhaps more than the physical...get what i mean :confused:
    I would have a relationship with a women if there were no men around, for human contact and closeness as much as anything else.
    Originally posted by LacyMay2k
    I'd say that if i went to prison for a long stretch i would'nt even think about touching another women like that but you never know till it happens :eek:

People who do that sorta thing inside probably miss the emotional/mental side perhaps more than the physical...get what i mean :confused:

i couldnt do anything sexual with a woman at all. the very thought of it makes me feel sick. i know its harsh but i dont think its right, we are designed to have relationships with blokes. i think gays are more normal cos they can still actually have sex with eachother, but lesbians cant. i think that it probably is the fact that they miss the emotional/mental side more than the physical. its not sex they crave but the feeling of being loved, and that somebody cares for you in that way.
    Originally posted by angelbabe

i couldnt do anything sexual with a woman at all.

I think like that too but im pretty sure if i was doing a 10 year stretch i'd change me mind :eek:

My uncle got sent down for 15 years and he was as straight as a straight line when he went in....hes as bent as a boomerang now, well i know he was inside!! Thank god i got no dealings with him... :D
    Originally posted by angelbabe

i know its harsh but i dont think its right, we are designed to have relationships with blokes. i think gays are more normal cos they can still actually have sex with eachother, but lesbians cant.

Saying it's not your bag is one thing, but I don't see how you can justify that male gay sex is more <i>right</i> than female gay sex. You're just not using your imagination ;)

Seriously though, maybe in some cases women are more likely to crave emotional closeness than sexual fulfillment, especially in a lonely situation such as prison, so I see that point... but a lesbian sexual relationship can be just as physicaly satisfying to both parties as a heterosexual one.

I had a lesbian roomate at college in America, that girl was horny as hell most of the time, and she certainly didn't seem to have any complaints on the physical fulfillment end of things. If you had tried to tell her she was only doing it to get the emotional closeness she couldn't get from men she would have laughed till she fell over.

She was also a better kisser than <i>most</i> of the guys I've kissed. each to their own.
    With prison sex I think its about having power over some-one. I thing its probably hard to say what you'd do with out actually being in that situation.

On a different note, I agree with kaz, you can't say gays are more normal then lesbians. In the UK whilst being gay used to be illegal, being a lesbian wasn't because Queen Victoria didn't believe women could actually do anything. At least thats how the story goes. Not sure whether that helps my argument or not.

Besides being gay/straight is more than about what you can shove in what hole. It's being attracted to someone and having a loving caring relationship. Sex is but one part of it.
    Originally posted by kaz

You're just not using your imagination ;)

this is actually something i ended up having a conversation with my boyf about the other day and we obviously don't have enough imagination between us! we got the obvious things like oral, mutual masturbation etc but then got stuck... is that where strap ons come into it??
    *confused*
    i obviosuly don't watch enough "sex in the city"!!!

anyone want to enlighten us...???
    Originally posted by LacyMay2k

Thank god i got no dealings with him... :D

Care to Explain LacyMay?
    Originally posted by 100% Chevalier
    Care to Explain LacyMay?

Tell me what you want explaining and i'll explain! :p
    Why it is that you don't want dealings with your unc.
    On a different note, I agree with kaz, you can't say gays are more normal then lesbians. In the UK whilst being gay used to be illegal, being a lesbian wasn't because Queen Victoria didn't believe women could actually do anything. At least thats how the story goes. Not sure whether that helps my argument or not.

well if anything, that actually backs up my argument more. if lesbianism wasnt actually banned cos it was believed that women couldnt actually do anything, that backs up what im saying. i know that lesbians obviously do pleasure eachother, but not in the same way. blokes still use there nobs to have sex, whether there gay or straight, but girls have to use fingers, strap ons etc to be aroused if there are a lesbian.
    Originally posted by 100% Chevalier
    Why it is that you don't want dealings with your unc.

Cos hes a sick minded, dangerous psychopath :D
    By that same argument it can be as easily argued that in lesbian sex females still use their pussies. Its a non argument really. people ARE straight, lesbian, and gay all over the world and a lil Bi in between (hehe). The pleasure i would venture to say for guys might be less of an emotional as physical experience but between girls lesbians might argue that they have a deeper connection and thus understand what each other needs to really get off.

This argument is really going nowhere actually. lol
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    The pleasure i would venture to say for guys might be less of an emotional as physical experience but between girls lesbians might argue that they have a deeper connection and thus understand what each other needs to really get off.

Now that was exactly what I was going to say. You just put it better then I could.

I also agree its non argument, just because people get pleasure in a non-standard way doesn't make it less valid. Equally not all gay relationships involve anal sex. Does that make those gay men less right?