Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

My body hair grows too quick

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have dark body hair on my legs, which grow far too quickly. I shaved last night and will probably have to shave again tomorrow before I go the gym.

Is there anything I can do so it doesn't grow back as quick? It's dark; so I can't really leave it.

Does it make any difference to how I remove my hair to how quick it grows back? I shave and can't use wax without breaking out in an itchy rash. I've tried two types in the last 2 years and have reacted both times.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Shaving will always give you really fast regrowth.

Removing the hair means much slower grow back. Options include waxing, epilating, sugaring, or other fancier stuff.

Is it the wax that makes you itch? Or is it a couple of days later, and to do with not exfoliating properly?
    Melian wrote: »
    I have dark body hair on my legs, which grow far too quickly. I shaved last night and will probably have to shave again tomorrow before I go the gym.

Is there anything I can do so it doesn't grow back as quick? It's dark; so I can't really leave it.

Does it make any difference to how I remove my hair to how quick it grows back? I shave and can't use wax without breaking out in an itchy rash. I've tried two types in the last 2 years and have reacted both times.

This is what happened last time I tried to wax my own legs:

336823714.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJF3XCCKACR3QDMOA&Expires=1310993541&Signature=CEXgkzc6zQJ6KuQfn%2FJ7bL6gCmo%3D

Unfortunately shaving will make it grow back thicker and darker (as I discovered after I shaved my arms as a teenager - oooooooooooh the regrets). I would suggest trying hair removal creams, but they tend to not work so well on me, and my hair is also thick and dark when I let it grow.

Honestly, though, nobody's going to notice, and if they do they won't care. Unless you are literally a gorilla within a day. I'm usually ok to leave mine until half way through the week if I'm wearing anything which shows my legs before I shave it again. The more you shave it, the worse it'll get.
    thats what happens when i wax too.

Thats a pretty normal rate of growth to have to do it every couple of days tbh
    Is it the wax that makes you itch?

Yes. I've tried two different waxes for sensitive skin and reacted both times.

I do sometimes shave my arms - but the hair on them is light; so it's nowhere near as noticeable.
    Melian wrote: »
    Yes. I've tried two different waxes for sensitive skin and reacted both times.

I do sometimes shave my arms - but the hair on them is light; so it's nowhere near as noticeable.

Don't shave your arms. Just don't do it. I cannot stress this enough. I don't care how thick the hair is, it is absolutely not worth the time, hassle and horrible, horrible regrowth. I spent a good few weeks doing it when I was about 13 and now my hair is thicker and darker than it ever was before.

ANYWAY.

What I have found is that even though the wax makes my skin turn into rash valley, once that's gone down, the hair where I've previously waxed is lighter and much, much less dense than everywhere else. I actually have a patch on my right shin which doesn't grow hair anymore. I like to run my fingers over it, it's kind of relaxing. Er...anyway.

Maybe go to a professional waxer and get it done like one time?
    Thank you. :)

With waxing, does the hair have to be a certain length first? I will see if I can get it professionally. I think both times I didn't quite do it properly.
    It's not a proper solution but I find a good exfoliator gives me an extra or two day before I need to shave. I use Buffy on my legs.
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Hey @yassine, and welcome to the community. :wave:

This thread is about 6 years old now so I'm going to close it. We tend not to post in any thread that's considered 'dead' - you can find some more info about the more unspoken rules of the boards in our Good Manners Guide. That said, we'd really encourage you to post your own threads on these things if you like. :)
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
This discussion has been closed.