Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hiya!

FeatheredDreamsFeatheredDreams Posts: 91 Budding Regular
I've been posting a little so I thought i'd introduce myself officially...

Hi! I'm Azath, well, that's not my real name of course, just a common internte pseudonym, Cari is another of those pseudonyms and i'm fine with being called either!

I'm 17, and going to study psychology at university next year! I really wanna do research in the future, especially into my speciality of biopsychology and cognitive neuroscience (shout out to the biopsychologists in the crowd, we're a rare breed :c)...and especially in the topic of memory!

And as a psychologist some of my posts may seem a little...hard to understand to those who don't study psychology or economics..I try my best to talk in a way anyone could understand but if i ever post something that you need clarification for, don't worry about it, I know I struggle to speak in an understandable way when presented with my realm of study most of the time xD

I also keep an eagle eye on the drink/drugs board because..that's also my speciality! I volunteer extensively for a group who, for my county, provides education to year 7 - 13s on this area and i'm kinda...trained to answer some questions in that area xD I'm not an expert per se (at least not yet >.> <.< -looks at university-) but I certainly know more than your average joe about drugs & alcohol.

As for why i'm on the mix, i found thesite, the original forum (i think) way back and embraced it as one of the few decent mental health online services and pretty much the..only? decent forum for it. I have depression & some sort of anxiety disorder, so i come here for advice and comfort.

Thanks for reading and ps i love love LOVE discussing psychology and if you're an a-level psychology student on the aqa exam board we can band together & rule the world- i mean discuss psychology...;D.

Comments

• StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Welcome to the boards Azath! Great to have you here! :)
  • RhysRhys Posts: 288 The Mix Regular
    Welcome to the forum Azath, hopefully you find everything you are after and become another person within our awesome community (Bias? I think not :P )
    “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.”― Bernard M. Baruch