Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What's prison like?

AllieAllie Posts: 235 Trailblazer
Hello,

I just wanted to know what a female prison is like if anyone knows? My dads been in prison for 7 and a half years but he wont talk to me about it. What would a female prison be like?

Thanks in advance!
Kayden

Comments

• LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    I' did a lot of research about this as I wanted to know what it was going to be like for my perpetrator and they have TV in cells which I think is absolutely disgusting. Prison life seems way to easy under rehabilitation just like supported accomodation! This fucking angers me so much!
  • AllieAllie Posts: 235 Trailblazer
    Oh right, what are their daily life like? Are there lots of fights etc?
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Definitely and lost of trouble like absconding and smuggling.
    So its quite a dangerous place?
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Usually it depends on the prison itself but yes there usually are fights and can be very dangerous in some cases.
    Ah right okay, it sounds strange to others who are not in my position.. but im thinking of doing something to go in. I know people are going to say why are you so stupid but i have reasons and it makes sense to me
    How can that make sense? It would ruin your life. You'll probably hate it and you won't be able to leave. You'd be locked up with the worst people in the country.

Your current accommodation must be awful for you to think that prison could be an improvement.
    From what you've written it sounds like your angry. It's common to feel like the need to do something when you're angry. However, have you considered that there might be better ways to handle your situation ?
    Robert - im currently living through domestic abuse with family. I have one chance at a hostel and if they dont have space i dont know what to do. Ive been put in care etc in the past due to physical domestic abuse. Things are just fucked up right now.

Sedz - im really running out of options.
    There's always an option even if you can't see it right now. It may seem like there isn't but there is always another way sort things out instead of getting yourself in trouble. You have a future ahead of you. I know you've been through a lot but you've shown how strong you've been going through all of it and yet still coping. I hope you understand
    I do understand sedz, ive tried applying for different housing over the last few months but no luck. Housing options can only refer me its not like they can help with my situation straight away. I have one last chance on friday
    You could live in a house share. It's not good, but it'll probably be better than your current situation and definitely better than prison.
  • L100L100 Posts: 128 The Mix Convert
    @KaydenK

Can you not live with a friend as one of my other friends have been kicked out of his house, then got in trobule with the police quite a few times (Never gotten arrested) and now he lives with one of his friends. He doesn't like it but he still copes with it.

I'm 19 and still in my mum's house. i want to move out but can't till i find a job. 
  • JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,288 Part of The Furniture
    Just closing this thread now as it's very old. @L100 feel free to create a thread of your own on this if you like. :smile:
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
This discussion has been closed.