Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Best Album You’ve heard this year so far!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Mine would have to be "As if all for nothing" By Craig
Armstrong. Its not the kind of music I would go for but its so good

And Craig Armstrong is the guy who does most of the great music in Hollywood!!

What are your better buys this year?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Trance Nation
    Best one this year would probably be either the allStars or the Pop Idol Big Band.
    Kosheen - Resist
    Probs Alanis Morissette- Jagged Little Pill or The eminem show
    Originally posted by HipHopChick
    Probs Alanis Morissette- Jagged Little Pill or The eminem show

The thread says this year moron so jagged little pill misses it by about 7 years.

The best album of the year has already happened -
    it was Weezer's 4th - Maladroit. And what a fine album that is. What a talented group of young men.

I'm off to slaughter a teeny bopper...
    Nellyville of course!! :D
    this ones afew years old but i only got it recently "Best Of Blur" kicks arse!
    Originally posted by jwf26

The thread says this year moron so jagged little pill misses it by about 7 years.

It actually says best album you've heard all year, so we can only assume that she has just heard it. There is certainly no need to call her a moron.
    And the best albums I've heard this year are Songs for the Front Row - best of Ocean Colour Scene, and suprisingly a cd I got free with Q, Essential Drive! :D
    Originally posted by ±Eminem Lover±
    The Eminem show! :D
    ~XXX~

Yeah I'd say one of my best buy so far as well. I never use to like him and i'd always thought him to be some what of a twat

But the way he use's his words are great and I can't help but laugh when I hear "Superman" song on his album

I got a funny taste in music, very strange indeed. Seem to get more warped as I get older, i wont start to go into the album i've bought over the last 6 months, It freak you all out:p :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by atomic brian
    the allStars

*Intense shuddering.*

This year? Erm, the Acoustic 2 compilation comes a definate third but Norah Jones' Come Away with me tops the list, it's just......phenomenal.
    The Eninem Show...I really like it....listening to it right now...
    I'd say A, Hi-fi Serious or The Annual spring 2002! :D
    gotta be:
    puddle of mudd or A-hi-fi serious, class

Hey, hey, there's no need to be so damn nasty about it mate!!!! She obviously thought it said 'of all time' people can get it wrong y'know!

My fave album this year.... eeeeek.... probably....
    Disturbed - The Sickness or
    KoRn - Untouchables.

Ermmmm FECK OFF, i did think it said of all time and I put Eminem which is recent so go back to the hole you crawled out of:rolleyes: Cheers guys for sticking up for me against this true moron-jwf26!! whispers to herself *must be time of the month* I been ill as well with flu so thats another excuse why i mis-read the title..so there!:p
    faultline/your love means everything
    also Stina Nordenstam/This is stina nordenstam, which isn't new but which I only just bought
    um, jwf...
    (ahem)
    Well, I recently bought Jimmy Eat World, Hundred Reasons, New Found Glory, The Goo Goo Dolls and A. I haven't had the chance to listen to them all properly yet, because I've been discovering some new bands at Kazaa.
    I'm sure I'll get around to it and I am sure that JEW, Hundred Reasons and NFG will have been worth it. A bit dubious about the other two having skim listened to them. A aren't half as good as they used to be a few years ago. Oh well. :(

Oh, and reel big fish's 'Favorite Noise' was pretty good. :)
    The Streets!
    Tidy FC Annual, Keep it Tidy 3 or Extreme Euphoria (class!) :)
    James Taylor Quartet - Message From The Godfather

Listen to it here!
    New Found Glory
    Puddle Of Mudd - Come Clean
    Slipknot - IOWA
    Adema - Adema
    Greenday - International Superhits

(sure there is some others but i am not really upto naming them all)
    Changed my mind! I think I'd say Ashanti's self titled album, that is HEAVY!!!
    OH, thanks Tek-ila, I forgot about IOWA!!

Okay, that album is prolly my ALL time fave. Got some class tunes on it.
    Paul Oakenfold: 2 years residency at cream.

This is imo the best dance album ever! This is better than alot of his essential mixes. I just wish i cud have seen him play at cream, but me was 2 young and small back then :(
    oasis-heathen chemistry
    the cooper temple clause-see this through and leave

and the corals album out 29th july
    Originally posted by QuEeN FrEaK
    OH, thanks Tek-ila, I forgot about IOWA!!

Okay, that album is prolly my ALL time fave. Got some class tunes on it.

Well sorry to be a musical snob but then you obviously don't know very much music at all if a Slipknot album is your best ever. That's quite sad. Do what they do in Almost Famous and get a copy of the other best album ever, Tommy by the Who and listen to it from strart to finish with a candle burning and you will see your destiny laid out in front of you.
    Originally Posted By jwf26:

Well sorry to be a musical snob but then you obviously don't know very much music at all if a Slipknot album is your best ever. That's quite sad. Do what they do in Almost Famous and get a copy of the other best album ever, Tommy by the Who and listen to it from strart to finish with a candle burning and you will see your destiny laid out in front of you.

Thats pathetic. You should respect everybodys choice in music instead of preaching your own favourite. If people like slipknot (and i happen to know alot of people who do) then that is their choice. Anything that you say isn't going to change that. you should let people have their own opinion and leave it at that. you shouldn't slag people off. i could slag you off because i don't like the same music as you but i am not that pathetic. Grow up your acting like a five year old.
    Originally posted by jwf26

totally agree with that.

if a few blokes playing 2 chords over and over again and screaming is someones idea of the best album ever then they have a big shock coming to them when they discover real music.

get some who,small faces,beatles,and the jam.

then you'll hear what music is really about
    Bubble - Total Harmonic Distortion
    Rachel Stamp - Oceans of Venus
    American Distaster by Trash Brats is also a great album but I don't know how old it is.