Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

About my 'best' mate (Plz read ASAP, need a reply v.soon)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all, I may just be panicking, but I'm not sure so I'm posting on here:

Okay, last week, my best mate, Iain, asked me if i wanted to go to stairways coz there was a foam party there on saturday (last saturday) and I said maybe, but I don't know yet. By the way, stairways is a night-club. I texted him on saturday in the day asking if he was still going and saying that I could go coz I had money. He texted back saying sorry, and that he couldn't go.

Me and my mum (shes nosy and alway asks what text messages say) were suspicious, coz it also said "Don't ring my home phone at all until monday". Since we were suspicious, I rang the phone and his mum answered, when I asked for him, the mum said Iain said he was at my house. (hes underage to drink so has to lie when he goes out). My sis has a mate who went to stairways so today, she asked her if she seen Iain there and she said she did see him, so he was lying about saying he couldn't go. My sis confronted him about it coz she seen him later, and he just got bad tempered with her and an argument started, basically "don't call me a liar, I wasn't there".

At Stairways, I heard he got off with a "midget". As soon as I heard that is when I wrote this. Because:
Recently, a girl I liked, who I thought liked me, I found out she doesn't like me which I was gutted about. Iain also likes her but laid off since he knew I liked her, and it was also me who introduced them just as mates. Now I might just be getting paranoid, but heres the bit I'm worried about:

This girl is Leah, and she is small in height. I'm worried its Leah who he got off with, since she is small. (remember the midget thing above). Even afterwards I found out she never liked, me, he agreed to lay off coz he knew it would hurt me to see them together, as I'm still gutted and depressed. If its her, then I will no longer have him as a friend, so I wanna know what you all think.

Please reply ASAP. Thanks to everyone who does.
From a v.nervous Chris
PS: Forgot to say, I asked Leah's best mate Jo if Jo went to stairways and she said no, plus Leah has only ever been to that club one other time, and she'd only ever go with Jo.

Comments

• Options
    Sorry but it seem your making this far more worse then it sounds

Why ppl's have to make ever thing that so much harder I don't know.

Here what I would do If I were you....Stop playing guessing games and ask my mate rite out if he went to the club....and if he also kissed the "midget" you like.

then leave this little "midget" alone to get on with her life and date who the hell she wants, Its a tad unfair you stopping your best mate going out with her, I mean just cos you didn't have a chance with her why spoil what them maybe able to have

I could understand if she was your Ex or something, but it sound like she doesn't want you, Its harsh I know I know but its the beauty of life, its shit and unfair but you have to tug along with it.

But for heaven sake don't dump your mate yet, find out all the facts first before making your mind up on what action you wish to take.
  • Options
    hi, thanks Harmless. That wasn't what I wanted to hear, but I guess you're right about the "I can't stop her going out with other guys" part. But theres somethig else bothering me, and that is:

The fact that he lied. He lied first by saying he wasn't going to stairways. (the club). And if it is her which to be honest, I don't think it was her, but it is possible, then he lied to me by saying he wouldn't go out with her even AFTER I found out she never liked me. He has lied to me and a few other people in the past, and I am really getting sick of it. I don't like confrontation so when I know hes lying about something, I won't cnfront him and say "liar" or someting.

Secondly, this girl Leah is one of my best mates. (the best mate I talked isn't THE best mate, I have a few). I know it'll all end in heartache if they're going out with each other, and it'll upset her lots. The reason I say this:

Basically, Iain has no respect at all towards girls. For example, in December, he went out with about 4 or 5 girls, each only lasting for a week. The reason for that is coz he is only interested in looks, and once he goes out with them and sees they aren't nice people, he dumps her. He has also "used" girls in the past which I think will be the case in this situation if its Leah. Once when he hadn't kissed anyone for ages, he went out with someone called Nicki, and they were bitchy to each other. He just used her so he could get a kiss, and that lasted 3 days. Hes left about 3 girls in total (3 girls I know of) in tears from him using her. Before saturday he hadn't had a kiss for a few months, so he'll be using her too.

Something else: He thinks I'm the same. I've never kissed or had a gf in my whole life, but we are both going to the reading festival this year, and hes always going on saying "You are gonna get laid at reading, and its gonna one hell of a fit bird". For a start, i don't wanna even kiss anyone, never mind s**g someone.

By the way, when I say "kiss", I mean "get into", I just said that incase somebody in a part of the country doesn't know what that bit of slang means.

I think thats all.
    From chris. (Plz reply again someone to what I should do about this)
  • Options
    well i know how it feels to have a mate lie then go off with someone i like and i no it aint nice. as to what you should do im not sure cos if i knew that then i could do it myself cos im in a similar situation at the mo. but you dont actually know that he did get with this leah, so you could be making it worse than it is, although that still doesnt account for him lying saying he werent going to the club and then going. sounds like your better than him anyway, at least you dont treat girls like S**T. just make sure you get all the facts straight before you make accusations.
  • Options
    Yeah I will, I haven't made any accusations yet. I am certain he was their as someone spotted him there, also what I failed to mention before - This club is near lots of others, and my uncle also spotted him when he came out another one.

I am going to find out tomorrow if it was her or not, finding out can be easily done :)

By the way angelbabe, since your mate lies to you aswell, then when I find out how to sort the problem out, I'll PM you, so hopefully, it helps you out.
  • Options
    What do you mean "kiss means get into?"

I call it "get off with" if you snog someone.
  • Options
    Originally posted by PussyKatty
    What do you mean "kiss means get into?"

I call it "get off with" if you snog someone.

Me to, "Get into" is a new one on me. I use "get into" in another way

ie. I'd like to "get into" her Panties/thong ;):p
  • Options
    In the south west...

Get Into is kissing

Get off aint really used anymore, but is usually bout sex
  • Options
    I always though "Get off with" was snogging... ahh well.

As for your problem Chris, as Harmless said, you really need to get to all the facts first.

Also, if this Leah girl wants your 'best' mate, shouldn't you just be a good mate and say it's okay?? Instead of just 'dumping' your best mate?? Is she really worth losing your best mate over darlin'?

If it was her he snogged, then really there's nought you can do about it. She doesn't like you, and that's really all there is to it.
    Yeah okay he said he'd lay off, but if he really, REALLY wants this girl, then shouldn't you just tell him he can be with her?? That is if she even likes him back.

Might not be what you wanted to hear either, but just my opinion. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Keep it real.
    xx
  • Options
    By the way angelbabe, since your mate lies to you aswell, then when I find out how to sort the problem out, I'll PM you, so hopefully, it helps you out.

aw thanks. good luck finiding out, hope its ok.

the thing is lots of people say that you should let them be together if they want to be, and that you should let them go out after all hes your mate so you should let him go out with whoever. i dont agree with this. im in more or less the same situation and i know that i couldnt let my mate go out with this lad i like. it would hurt so much seeing them together etc. me and her have the same taste in lads so ive always fancied her boyfriends, but since she got there first ive been ok with it and all i have doen is fancied them, not really, really liked them. but now its different. ive liked this lad for over a year and a half and shes only known him for about three months, and first saw him about nine months ago. the first second i laid eyes on him i liked him so much, but when she saw him she didnt, and has only recently liked him. i couldnt bear them going out cos i feel like shes stolen him from me, i like him SO much, think about him all the time, and i know she doesnt like him half as much as me.

i understand totally how you feel, and that you dont want them to go out. i wouldnt be able to cope, it sounds stupid i know, but i imagine them going out and i cant handle it. just the thought of them phoning eachother, kissing etc in front of me, her talking bout him to me:mad: . it gets me angry.

so good luck, i hope that it works out ok cos i think its unfair personally.