Homeβ€Ί Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help!!

LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
Omg guys as most of you know I was raped in 2015 and I've just heard from my solicitor and been offered an amount. He said he advices me strongly to appeal it because that dosent take into account the psychological trauma just the physical injury he caused me. His going to leave me to think about it overnight and call me back tomorrow. He said the amount if I accept I could have in 4-6weeks but if I appeal it could take up to a year and it could still come back at the same amount I'm being offered now. He was keen on me appealing and I know the lady that was in charge of my case said to me don't accept the first offer but the amount I am being offered now in 4-6weeks omg!!! Dubai I would go to this year which I was talking about in general chat lastnight my dream could come true this year I'm about to speak to my mum and tell her! What shall I do accept it or appeal it? πŸ‘™πŸŽ‰πŸΉ

Comments

• Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Definitely accept it. You deserve a hoilday after what youve been through ❀
    β€œAnd when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley
  • Options
    Cat88Cat88 Posts: 377 Listening Ear
    Hey Steph, it may be a bit late to catch you on this but advice would be to get a few opinions on this. At the end of the day it's your point of view that matters, and you may well want to just get this finished and move on with your life - which is a perfectly valid decision - however if professionals think you could get better it is probably worth exploring why they think that and whether the extra is worth the appeal process to make sure your decision is informed and you don't regret it later.

Either way though, it's great you're getting something to allow you to do something amazing :)
  • Options
    Shaunie wrote: Β»
    Definitely accept it. You deserve a hoilday after what youve been through ❀

Aww thanks Shaunie!πŸ’šπŸ’™
  • Options
    Thanks Cat.

I've accepted it. I found out I would have to go to court to appeal it and I don't fancy going to court again. Evan if I could of got more I'm young and it's a lot of money that they've offered me so I've accepted it. Holiday booking soon! But got to get a passport first ble