Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

So worried!!

Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
Went to the doctors today and i have been referred to the community mental health team and i am so worried about it. Like last time i was referred i had an assessment, was turned down for further support which then led me down a downward spiral which led to lots of difficult emotions and feeling suicidal. I cant go back to that point again!
''You were in the wilderness
Looking for your own purpose
Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)

Comments

• Options
    JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,306 Part of The Furniture
    Hey Jess,

I can tell you really want this support, so I get how it could throw you downwards like that when things don't go to plan. When you say you're worried, am I right in thinking you're worried more about the potential outcome than the process itself? (though some people find that daunting too)

Sometimes getting through to the support we need can be the hardest part of it all, particularly when strict requirements and tick boxes come into things, and it's a hugely frustrating thing for a lot of people. If, just for argument's sake, you did get turned down for further support, do you think there are things you could do to make that ordeal a bit more manageable? It might be worth bearing in mind that just because something has happened a certain way before, that doesn't necessarily mean it will again. :)

When is your assessment, by the way?
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Options
    Hi Mike,

I am finding the potential outcome scary and if i were to get past the assessment stage anyway there is a 5 month waiting time to see a counsellor. I am also angry with my doctor that he referred me because i see a counsellor privately anyway so what is the point?!! - i would have to trust another person and basically start all over again which is just stupid.

If i don't get through the assessment then i guess i have lots of helplines, here and i would have to keep spending £25 a week to see my counsellor.

Ummm... im waiting for a letter through the post but my assessment should be within 2 weeks of me being referred and i was referred by my GP on Friday 13th.

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 235 Trailblazer
    Hi Jess its good you have been referred to your cmht as it could open more support for you but i understand it can be scary and daunting to go through the process! Im also going through the process. Having an assessment with my cmht on thursday and im quite worried as i dont know what im going to be saying in there!

Its good you also have support lines to contact when you need someone.

Take care
    Kayden x
  • Options
    KaydenK wrote: »
    Hi Jess its good you have been referred to your cmht as it could open more support for you but i understand it can be scary and daunting to go through the process! Im also going through the process. Having an assessment with my cmht on thursday and im quite worried as i dont know what im going to be saying in there!

Its good you also have support lines to contact when you need someone.

Take care
    Kayden x

Thank you Kayden, i hope all goes well! x

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Options
    AllieAllie Posts: 235 Trailblazer
    Thanks Jess, hope all goes well with your assessment too! x
  • Options
    SienaSiena Posts: 15,495 Skive's The Limit
    Hi Jess
    Its nice to read that youre still seeking help after beeing turned down i don't agree with their requirements.
    But hopefully you get the support you deserve and goes well this time! And if not keep seeking the help.
    “And when they look at you, they won't see everything you've been through. They won't see the **** that turned to scars that began to fade with time. They won't see the heartbreaking things that shook up and changed your entire world. They won't know how many tears you cried or even what it was you were crying about. They won't see how strong you had to be because you had no other choice. What they will see though is how compassionate you are because you experienced pain. What they will see is how kind you are because you experienced how cruel the world is. What they will see is how good you are because you've seen how bad things or people can be. The difference between you and your experiences are who you choose to be, despite everything that could have turned you cold and unkind.You are the good the world needs and the best of us.” ~ Kirsten Corley