Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

logging in and group chat problems

DistractionDistraction Posts: 439 Listening Ear
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Getting logged in and staying logged in and when I finally get logged in, every time I move to a different part of the website it keeps logging me out again and I can't join any of the group chats at the times it says it's meant to be opened,

anyone else having these problems or know what to do, seriously frustrating.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The chat's that are advertised at the moment aren't actually on. From the 1st to the 8th of January, there is a chat break week. I'm unsure as to why they've not updated the main page to avoid confusion though! Hope that clears things up a little bit.

Maybe try clicking the remember me/keep me logged in button if there's an option for that
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    It's so confusing isn't it! You have to have one account the boards and another one for the chats and everything else. Why not just emerge it all together so you only have to sign in once for everything. I don't know
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Steph95 wrote: »
    It's so confusing isn't it! You have to have one account the boards and another one for the chats and everything else. Why not just emerge it all together so you only have to sign in once for everything. I don't know

The chat isn't based on the same platform as the boards, the chat is hosted on flashchat which requires you to log in either as a guest or as a user, so it's out of control of the mix as to having just one log in system. You can make your chat log in the same as your boards log in though most of the time to make everything easier
  • DistractionDistraction Posts: 439 Listening Ear
    Hi Hiccup and Steph95,

Thanks very much for explaining, really appreciated :d
    Hiccup wrote: »

The chat isn't based on the same platform as the boards, the chat is hosted on flashchat which requires you to log in either as a guest or as a user, so it's out of control of the mix as to having just one log in system. You can make your chat log in the same as your boards log in though most of the time to make everything easier

Yeah I see that
    Hi Hiccup and Steph95,

Thanks very much for explaining, really appreciated :d

No problem 😉👍
    AHHH that' will be much better