Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Dilemma

LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
I'm in a real dilemma I moved to a house 6weeks ago but it dosent feel right here I rang the office Tuesday and expressed my concerns rather upset and she said she would pass it all onto the manager and the manager would probably phone me back but I didnt hear anything back so I phoned again today Friday and I spoke with Katie and she didn't get the message she said it was passed all on to someone else. So I explained my concerns to her all again and she asked if I wanted to move and I said yes so she said she would get the ball rolling today to go and view another propertie. Then the support worker in the home texted me asking me why I wasent downstairs and I then told her that I've asked to move so she come up to my room this morning after I spoke with the office and I told her my concerns of her answering her phone so much in the hours that she does work and her reply was I shouldn't be listening but if I am in the lounge and she's in the kitchen you can hear what she says so she goes to me how do you know it's not work related and I know because I hear and she shouts a lot and that isn't work related. I know the majority of her phonecalls that she answers are family as I hear but then her reply was I shouldn't listen. So then I said to her why you having a go at me and I started crying. She said it's up to me if I want to move  but if there's anything that she can do to help me want to stay she will. She stated that I have moved 7times since July which I already know but they haven't been the right properties so then she turned it onto am I not giving it enough time. I've been in this house now over 6weeks does it need more time? The other side says if I'm not happy there's no point in me delaying it. I look at the 2 ladies I get on with the most as I've had more communication with those 2 and I would miss them. Is that a reason to stay? I don't know, I'm 50/50. It was left at the manager is going to put in place some properties I can view Monday. See, evan if I can have 20minutes a day in my room with the support worker I don't evan know if that would make a difference but she cooks a meal a day so that's hard for her to do as she needs to keep an eye on the cooking. She did say a few weeks ago that we would spend half an hour in the kitchen together a day but that hasent happened. I litcherally don't know what to do I feel uncapable of making the right choice which is leaving me in tears. Am I going to be moving again a week before Christmas in an unstable time of my life for like the 8th time in a year and a half?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi lovely

I wanted to say it is your decision but i wonder if you can describe what would be your ideal home?? or what are the issues stopping your happiness at this one?

What your support lady said isnt right and if she wasnt taking those phone calls she might have more time to chat and things.

Im pleased to hear your get on ok with 2 ladies in the house have you shared with them that you might move and asked them what they think you should do ?

i hope that you have a lovely weekend
    speak soon

turtle
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Hello my lovely

I know it sounds bizzare but I really liked it in the psychiatric ward.

That's it, I don't know what is stopping my happiness at this one but I haven't found that in a place I can live in (the reason for me moved so many times).

Exactly turtle, if she wasent taking the phonecalls she would have more time to chat and things as you say.

I have told 1 of the lady's I might be moving but I haven't asked what they think I should do.

I just think I'm uncapable of making the right choice atm cause I really don't know what to do.

You have a lovely weekend too my lovely and we will speak soon😊
    Spoke to support worker briefly this morning and she asked if I still wanted to move I told her I feel uncapable of making the right choice. She said it's my choice but suggested I leave it untill after Christmas. She asked if the office has been in touch as she said they will be getting in touch to view a propertie but they haven't been in touch today.

I'm not really posting this on here for replies I'm posting it so I can know what progress there is each day.
    Update about this:
    Office phoned me this morning for a catch up about how I'm feeling about this situation and she is going to call me on the 9th of January to see if I'm still feeling want to move
    How is that making you feel?
    Not really sure tbh turtle, I didn't like the support workers attitude this morning either.
    Oh sorry to hear keep posting :)
    💙💚