Homeโ€บ Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

ESA

LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
Oh no I've had a letter this morning from the DWP to complete a questionnaire and send it back by 23rd December. At the bottom it says I maybe required to go in for a face2face assesment...I hope I don't๐Ÿ˜ข

Comments

• RhysRhys Posts: 288 The Mix Regular
    Hey Steph95, you may be able to get help with the questionnaire from your doctors or medical team (if you have one). They don't always require face to face assessments. I have friends who didn't need to go for one and still got ESA. I've also been on ESA for the past 2 years but didn't need an assessment. Though I think it mostly depends on either your area or who is assessing you, so don't take my words as what will happen, as non of us can tell.

Have you had to apply for ESA in the past or is this your first time?
    โ€œBe who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.โ€โ€• Bernard M. Baruch
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Hey again.

I have a support worker who is going to help me fill out the form I just tried myself as I want to get things done kind of person but made mistakes so she is going to go through it with me.

I do have a CMHT aswell so if I need anything from them they need to provide anything.

What do you mean is this the first time? I'm on ESA now but need to fill out another questionnaire to prove I'm still eligible
    Sorry for the confusion, I didn't realise you was filling the questionnaire to show your still eligible.
    Have you managed to fill out all the paperwork?
    โ€œBe who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.โ€โ€• Bernard M. Baruch
    I've filled out some of it but I've got untill 23rd December to send it back by. I need to go through it with my support worker. I pray to God every night that I don't have to go in for a face2face assesment
    I wish you all the best with the paperwork and hope you don't need a face to face assessment :)
    Rhys wrote: ยป
    I wish you all the best with the paperwork and hope you don't need a face to face assessment :)

Thanks hopefully my support worker is going through it with me this week as they need it back by the 23rd.