Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Egg freezing [FTM trans guy]

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi my name's Liam and I'm a female to male trans guy. I'm eighteen and currently in the process of transitioning on the NHS route. I recently had my first appointment at a gender identity clinic and it went well but left me with a lot to think about. Particularly about egg freezing otherwise testosterone could leave me infertile and then I'd lose the opportunity to start a family. I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about the process of getting your eggs frozen [specifics like how long the process is etc would be great].

Thanks
Liam

Comments

• NikkiNikki Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    Hi Liam, how are you today? It's great that reaching out on here, and you may find others that can offer some insight.

In the meanwhile, here are some trans-specific networks that you may find helpful:

The Queer Youth Network – online forums discussing everything LGBT related
    The Beaumont Society (transgendered support network)– offers a 24/7 information line, who can point you in the direction of the best resources for you. Their number is 01582 412220.
    Mermaids – is a support group for trans people aged 19 and under. Their information line is open Monday to Saturday from 3pm til 7pm and their number is 0208 1234819.

Sending hugs,
    Nikki :)