Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I need to Avoid 'support' - how do I do that?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello

I've ccurrently got this belive that I have worked out why support is so terrible-it's because they are all trying to make me kill myself so there will be one less person they have to attempt to help.

So now I have worked out their plan I need to avoid any kind of support other than achademic support so I don't get any worse than I am now. (to note, that's so far just lots of self harm such as cutting, buring and drinking cleaning stuff). But the probelm with that is I have people that come to where I live, like tomorrow I have someone who's supposed to be comming at 10:30-so how can I avoid them?

Please someone reply, I really need some ideas.
Thank you

Comments

• LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    I would say not open the door however if there's concerns who ever it is coming at 10:30 may call the police and the police will come round if you ignore that they'll break in.

Happened to me a couple of weeks ago
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Perhaps salatope knifes to the doors?
  • MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 627 Incredible Poster
    Hey Amy,

​I'm sorry to hear that you are struggling with self-harming issues, and don't believe the support you are getting is of any help. Perhaps the support you are getting might not realise the true extent of your struggles?

​I'm wondering how you would feel instead of avoiding the people coming at 10:30, you let them in and talk to them about what you are going through? While some people may not fully understand, you can keep trying and opening up to others and get the support you need and deserve.

​If you really don't want to talk to them, then you could just let them know that you don't find the support helpful. They should listen to you and take your views into consideration.
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Hey there Amy,

Sounds like you were really struggling yesterday, how did it go today? Did you see them? Why do you think these people are trying to harm you? Does anyone else know about how you feel about the visit?

Let us know how it went, were her for you,
    Best wishes,
    WhispersOfTheHeart
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thank you all for reading and replying

Steph95-that's not possible because I live in student halls, so theirs like lots of other doors and stairs until they get to my room. But their is therefore a reception who can just bring people to my room if needed. Which they did but didn't find me in there.

Maisy-That is exactly what is happening, people are so focused on this housing issue they are compeletely forgetting how I feel, how I am managing - which I'm not that's the point and any other issues that their also are.
    I didn't manage to see the preson at 10:30 yesterday, I hid somewhere I could see them come and look for me but they never saw me. So they contacted my CPN who then emailed me asking if I was okay, I first replied and just said 'no' today I replied and explaind that I was too scared to see her.

WhispersOfTheHeart-I saw them come and try looking for me, but as I said to Maisy they never found me. My CPN will know tomorrow (if she works Wednesdays, I forget who works what day) when she reads my email that I was too scared to see the person coming yesterday.