Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

am I too skinny

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've only got 9 stones (about 60kg and I'm 5'9"). I hardly see any other blokes as skinny as me. I eat a lot most of the times (except the day after night out I lost appetize) but still I cant put any weight on. I tried to go to gym but didnt work either :mad:

What should I do to put more weight on?

Comments

• Options
    Depends....you want muscle yeah :confused:

Swimming is always a good one...for your legs and arms :)

You could also do what i do...go to the gym! :D
  • Options
    im the same as you im well skinny. i get so annoyed with fat people who see me eating and say oh you are so lucky not putting on any weight and staying so slim. to be honest no its not that lucky cos some people look too slim and im defiantely one of them. its also unhealthy to be too slim, especially for women as it is harder to get pregnant for those really slim. plus the fact i eat really fattening foods and carry on doing so cos i aint putting on any weight, it still aint doing my insides any good, clogging arteries etc. at least when you put weight on you can see the damage its doing. my sister became very ill cos she was seven stone and aged 22. im bigger than her (only slightly) but im five years younger than her. she has already had one miscarriage and her weight no doubt had something to do with it. also blokes like something to hold onto, not someone really skinny.

so to answer your question, to put on more weight i really dont know what to suggest but i would also like to know the answer to this. swimming is a good idea, but basically if you are really slim but eat lots then its probably in the family and there wont be much you can do to out on weight.
  • Options
    your best bet would be to join a gym and get the instructors advice on what exercises, etc, will help you put on weight and build muscle.
    anyways mate i wouldnt worry about being too thin. if i were you id make the most of it because chances are you wont always be like that as lots of people put on weight as they grow older.
  • Options
    If you have sudden weight loss, always see your doctor. The same goes for losing your appetite for long periods of time.
  • Options
    This question has been answered severall times recently by Alessandro and I, read through the sports and fitness forums.

Alistair
  • Options
    im really thin im 5 foot 6 and just over 8 stone im the lightest person i know. Its the way im naturally built though....i eat tonnes:D