Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

suicidal thoughts and insomnia

Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
Hi,
My suicidal thoughts are getting really hard to cope with, I don't know what to do and on top of that, I am only getting like 2-3 hours of sleep per a night so I'm constantly feeling depressed and just completely exhausted.
''You were in the wilderness
Looking for your own purpose
Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)

Comments

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,284 Part of The Furniture
    Hey Jess,

Sorry to hear things are so rough. Night times can be a really lonely and scary time when we're in a bad place, so I do feel for you. :(

What support are you getting at the moment, professional or otherwise? I hear that the lack of sleep can really compound things, as well. Are you doing much with your days at the moment? Sleep can often elude us even more if we're not very physically or mentally active during the day, so sometimes just making sure we're doing something with ourselves to burn off a bit of energy and make sure we're actually tired can really help.

Failing that, one thing I used to do was go for walks in the evening because I found I felt much better having had some air and generally done something. It can be tempting to just lie in bed when we're having trouble sleeping, but if you know it's not going to happen then sometimes it can be better to get up, do a little something and then give it another go. It might also take your mind off some of those difficult feelings that hit at this hour, too. :)

Best of luck with the rest of tonight, and don't hesitate to reach out to Samaritans, Papyrus or another suicide support helpline if you need to. You know where they are if you need them, and also do keep posting if it helps. Best of luck with the rest of the night. *hug*

All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    Mike wrote: »
    Hey Jess,

Sorry to hear things are so rough. Night times can be a really lonely and scary time when we're in a bad place, so I do feel for you. :(

What support are you getting at the moment, professional or otherwise? I hear that the lack of sleep can really compound things, as well. Are you doing much with your days at the moment? Sleep can often elude us even more if we're not very physically or mentally active during the day, so sometimes just making sure we're doing something with ourselves to burn off a bit of energy and make sure we're actually tired can really help.

Failing that, one thing I used to do was go for walks in the evening because I found I felt much better having had some air and generally done something. It can be tempting to just lie in bed when we're having trouble sleeping, but if you know it's not going to happen then sometimes it can be better to get up, do a little something and then give it another go. It might also take your mind off some of those difficult feelings that hit at this hour, too. :)

Best of luck with the rest of tonight, and don't hesitate to reach out to Samaritans, Papyrus or another suicide support helpline if you need to. You know where they are if you need them, and also do keep posting if it helps. Best of luck with the rest of the night. *hug*

Hello Mike,

Thank you for replying and I hope you're well.

I see a counsellor every week and I have been seeing him for quite a while and I feel like it is helping to some extent. And yeah......i don't do anything with my day apart from yesterday where I went food shopping with my mum so I will try what you recommended and see how I get on.

I got like 4 hours of sleep last night which is better than 2 I guess and yeah, i know lots of helplines which i could use. Hopefully things will better because if not then I'm leaving.

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi Jess,

Just wanted to check in and see how you're doing. Hopefully you can take some time out to do something relaxing this evening, and to help get a better nights' sleep?

Keep talking to us - we're here for you :heart:
    raich wrote: »
    Hi Jess,

Just wanted to check in and see how you're doing. Hopefully you can take some time out to do something relaxing this evening, and to help get a better nights' sleep?

Keep talking to us - we're here for you :heart:

​Hello @raich ,

I feel worse - i dont know what to do, im scared. :crying: - i have just got off support chat on here and felt like i was being ignored so that made me feel worse.

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sorry to hear you were feeling like that Jess :(

How have you been getting on this week?

Support chat can often get busy, but it's great that you've felt able to reach out and come to it :yes: I wonder if you've thought about reaching out to some of our other support services here, which include one-to-one chat or email.
    raich wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you were feeling like that Jess :(

How have you been getting on this week?

Support chat can often get busy, but it's great that you've felt able to reach out and come to it :yes: I wonder if you've thought about reaching out to some of our other support services here, which include one-to-one chat or email.

Hello Raich,

I haven't been feeling good at all over the past week; there are no signs of things getting better and its horrible. No i haven't even though about the other support services which The Mix offer so i will be sure to check them out.

Thank you
    Jessica

- James Arthur (YOU)