Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Couple of things to ask

One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
Hi guys dunno where else to actually go with this for some reason?

Im 21 and for a while my vigina has had a very strong fishy odour. Sometimes its as bad as you can smell it through and on my trousers. I wash regularly and am still a virgin.

I don't have any other symptoms discharge apart from my underwear being quite wet.

I do have another question which is how do I deal with sexual urges? Im 21 and like I've said I'm a virgin, I'm currently single and obviously don't wanna just go and have sex with anyone. I do mastubate from time to time but sometimes it doesn't help

Comments

• One-in-a-millionOne-in-a-million Posts: 597 Incredible Poster
    Hi Steve it's quite difficult to get into my doctors atm but I am trying.

I suppose I just haven't found the right person yet who I would like to have a physical relationship. I would like my first experience to be for love and not lust. I have had relationships before but they just haven't worked out for one reason or the other. They weren't sexual as With one they didn't want to have a sexual relationship (which I didn't mind) another was due to the fact he was unwilling to use protection adtis is why we split up. My last relationship he just wanted to rush everything to fast and I wasn't ready to go that quick with him.

I do have a sexual attraction to someone I a friends with but we have spoken about it and he only wants to be friends, again I respect this.
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Hi One-in-a-million, well done for posting :)

I'd definitely agree with Steve in that seeing a Doctor is a good next step.

It could be any number of things, and as we aren't medical professionals we can't diagnose exactly what is wrong. I would say though that be careful with how and what you are using to clean yourself with down there - your vagina cleans itself so don't clean inside (if you do it will interrupt the bacteria and could actually make you more prone to infections and smells) and the type of soap you use on the outside is important too; don't use your shower gel with lots of ingredients in - instead water will be fine most of the time and a really plain soap with as few ingredients as possible would be the best advice for the rest of the time.

What I would say about sexual urges is take your time and don't let yourself feel pressured into anything - only when you're ready. It could be that meeting a partner might be helpful for you, or maybe even exploring different masturbation techniques might work for you. Google can help with this but sometimes trying out new things can really help!
    Hi guys thanks for the replies :)

Steve- it is mainly getting an appointment which is hard they do alot of prebooked appointments which have been made 2 weeks in advance meaning there aren't many available in the day even when I've rang as soon as they open!

I've tried to pre book one myself but was refused. I'll look into some nhs clinics as there is one close to me.

I have never tried internet dating before but have conciderd it once or twice.

Plugitin- i am usually very careful with what I use however I have been trying to cleab inside aince the smell appeared and I suppose it hasn't helped really.

I think I'll look into some new techniques thanks :)
    I've had the smell on and off a bit now but it just seems as if it has gotten stronger.

It comes for a Few days then goes for a day, 2 days or even a week and then comes again
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hey One-in-a-million:wave:

Like the others said seeing the doctor may be a good idea. Try not to panic though as this is very common with girls. Sometimes changing your shower gel to a milder one can help.

You said you don't want to have sex with anyone. I think this is great one-in-a-million, it is important that you feel happy and comfortable and don't feel pressured in to anything you don't want to do. Do you have any friends who are single as well? Maybe you could ask them how they deal with this. Indeed I agree with Plugitin, trying different techniques and using the internet could help.