Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

URGENT!

Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
Hello Everyone!

I am really really really worried about someone else - she is my mums friends friend so i know her very little - shes an alcoholic, has depression and i think she is coming close to being suicidal.

What do i do?
''You were in the wilderness
Looking for your own purpose
Then you became a butterfly, a butterfly
I knew you always would''

- James Arthur (YOU)

Comments

• NikkiNikki Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    Hi Jess, sorry to hear about your mum's friend. Have you spoken to your mum about this?

The best thing you can do is ask your mum, or someone close to your mum's friend, to just listen to how she's feeling. If she finds this difficult, you could gently suggest that she could speak to someone confidentially via a helpline like Samaritans.

Here's further info on how to help a suicidal friend.

I really hope all works out for your mum's friend. If you need further help, we're all listening. Hugs *hug*
  • Jacob101Jacob101 Posts: 687 Incredible Poster
    Nikki wrote: »
    Hi Jess, sorry to hear about your mum's friend. Have you spoken to your mum about this?

The best thing you can do is ask your mum, or someone close to your mum's friend, to just listen to how she's feeling. If she finds this difficult, you could gently suggest that she could speak to someone confidentially via a helpline like Samaritans.

Here's further info on how to help a suicidal friend.

I really hope all works out for your mum's friend. If you need further help, we're all listening. Hugs *hug*

Thank you Nikki

- James Arthur (YOU)
    Im really struggling :banghead::crying:

- James Arthur (YOU)
  • StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Sorry to hear that Jess, how are you feeling today, were you able to get a good night's sleep last night? *hug*
    Steph wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Jess, how are you feeling today, were you able to get a good night's sleep last night? *hug*

Im not good at all and i got like 2-3 hours of sleep last night, had an awful headache but also thinking about so much stuff.

- James Arthur (YOU)