Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

My friend touched me.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So at dinner time today my friend groped me and just winked at me, nobody was around when it happened just us two and he kept asking me questions about my sexuality and tried to convince me that I should try new things. I don't know what to make of this. I don't want to jump to any conclusions or anything too harsh and get him in trouble for something that could be so innocent. What do I do? How do I tell him how I feel?

Comments

• plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Hi Microhard, it might be worth talking to your friend and letting him know how you feel. It's completely unfair of him to put you in a situation that makes you feel awkward (whether he knows this or not) so it's best to talk it out with him and see what he meant by it?
  • NikkiNikki Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    Hey microhard16, great you're reaching out on here. To echo sentiments, it is worth talking to your friend about how you feel, as it is unfair on both parts. Although, he has not officially come out, here's some tips on how to approach any discussion : how to confront a friend

If he has been a good friend to you, it would be worth hearing him out and offering support. It might be extremely difficult for him to express, especially regarding sexuality.

Keep talking if helps, and let us know how you get on :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I can't always stop it, he's not to respectful of personal space so for me, it's just natural that he is so close and I don't always notice.
    Hi Microhard16, you have done really well to share your problem with others. It must be a difficult time for you, however just know that you are not alone.

First of all, no one has the right to do anything that makes you uncomfortable. It sounds like you feel disturbed about the situation. It might be a good idea to try to talk to your friend, and get more detailed explanation about his reactions. As you said, it might be something innocent however don't forget the fact that you didn't enjoy it. Even though it was innocent, it might be worth talking about it.

If you think it was actually on purpose and he has different intentions, then I would suggest make it clear that you are not interested, and it makes you uncomfortable. Don't be shy to talk about how you feel, otherwise he might keep doing the same things and you might get more and more annoyed, which can have worst results.

I hope you feel much better after confronting him and solve the issue without any problems.

Also, please do update us!
    Hi Steve,

I didn't say I think it is innocent, but Microhard16 said he doesn't want to jump to any conclusions so I didn't want to assume anything.

My personal opinion is that whether it was innocent or not, his friend's actions are not acceptable. That is why I think he should talk to him and make it clear he is uncomfortable with the situation.

Steve, I respect your opinion, I just don't want to assume.

Anyways, I hope after you talk to your friend Microhard16, everything will be better for you.

Let us know how it goes.
  • StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Hi @Microhard16 just wanted to check in with how you're doing at the moment, how are things now between you and your friend?