Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Arachnophobia

LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
I really need some tips on Arachnophobia. If people have any? I've just seen one in my bedroom on the floor. It is huge. For a few minutes I just curled up, cried and was shaking but then I grabbed my duvet, my handbag and my charger I've put them on a chair in the lounge. I'm considering sitting in the porch bit today actually out of the flat. I may evan sleep there tonight. My mind just going hundered miles per hour of what I can do..

Comments

• NikkiNikki Posts: 131 The Mix Convert
    Hi Lost_sense, hope you're feeling better this evening. First step to conquering arachnophobia, is to keep reminding yourself that spiders cannot hurt you, and that they are more scared of you than you are of them! Tonight, to take your mind off things, it may help to keep a lamp on or relax in bed with a book before going to sleep.

Here's some info on phobias, however I am sure you there will be others who share the same phobia.

Let us know how you get on :)
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    Hello Nikki

I think spiders follow me around :S I had my lamp on the other night and woke up and there were 2 wasps buzzing by my lamp 😬 how the heck did they get there?!

I also second guess myself after I've seen a spider because then I don't see it again or for couple of days so I actually wind myself up that I am going mad.

That I actually don't know if I did see one or not.

I'm definitely more scared of them than they are of me!

Thanks for the info will have a look and let you know