Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I dont know where to get help.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I dont know where to get help for this, but for a long time now i havent been able to concentrate for long periods even short periods i often zone out when people are talking to me when im at work i deal with customers all day and while taking they're orders or serving them i find myself drifting away ive started hearing voices and often seeing things that arn't actually there to other people im always crying when im alone i have outbursts of sadness and anger, im worried because i often get angry and have a go at family or friends i cant help myself but its happening every day and i just want it all to stop i lay on my bed sometimes but i dont stay down for long because i cant relax sometimes i can hear someone calling my name so i turn around and no ones there i feel like im losing myself because i wasnt like this before everyday im getting worse and i often think of hurting or killing myself ive began to forget stuff from minutes before if ive said something ill forget what i said but everyone around me will remmember.

Comments

• StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Hi WhiteWorrier, :wave:

Welcome to The Mix boards, thanks for posting this thread. :)

Sounds like you're going through a bit of a hard time at the moment but it's really positive that you've found us and here and that you're sharing what's been going on for you and looking for some help and support. :yes:

From what you were saying it seems like things are quite difficult for you at the moment and you're worried about how you've been drifting away and hearing voices and seeing things that aren't there and that you've been getting angry and having a go at friends or family. Sounds like a tough situation to be. You were saying that you want it all to stop and you weren't like this before, when did this start happening, the having difficulty concentrating and outbursts of sadness and anger? :chin:

You were also saying that sometimes you can't relax and you can't remember what you've said you'll forget things from minutes before, sounds frustrating for you, what kind of things have to you tried doing for relaxation, is there anything that has worked for you before?

If things become too overwhelming for you we would urge to contact a crisis support service such as Samaritans or Papyrus or to contact the emergency services on 999. Have you been able to speak to anyone else about what's been happening at all?

Just want to let you know that there's an organisation called The Hearing Voices network which might be useful to have a look at too.

Not sure if you know but we also have live group chat's on The Mix where you can go to get support and support others in a group environment online. There's one on tonight from 8pm-9.30pm, you can find out more here