Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Consessionary Buss Pass

LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hi,

For those who don't know if you have a mental health illness you can apply for a concessionary buss pass (free travel on buses in your county)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 617 Incredible Poster
    I think there are some conditions attached like you either have to be on disability living allowance, under the care of a mental health team, or have an illness 'severe' enough that it would stop you from driving. Though I guess it varies location to location, so it's always good to check with councils :)
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    You do not have to be on DLA I wasent and I have a consessionary Buss Pass for where I use to live. Nor you do not have to under the care of a CMHT. YOU just need a social worker/support worker or doctor to write you a supporting letter. It dosent have to be severe either lol mild/moderate aswell. I have the guidelines in front of me :)
  • MaisyMaisy Moderator Posts: 617 Incredible Poster
    Fair enough! I don't know much about the bus passes aside from my dad had one when he was ill, but I couldn't remember if there were conditions attached. My bad! :p
    FAQ | How to report a post | How to report spam
    I'm a community moderator. I'm here to help guide discussions and make sure Community Guidelines are followed. I can't send DMs, but you can message @TheMix or email community@themix.org.uk with questions or concerns.