Home We Need You
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Interested in becoming a YouthNet media rep? Be on TV!

JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
CLLJInfUYAA67KC.jpg

From time to time, YouthNet is approached by media companies (such as newspapers, radio stations and TV channels) to talk about what we do and discuss the issues facing the young people we work with.

While we're pretty good at talking about ourselves, we think there's no better way to get your voices heard than by getting you involved in these conversations yourselves.

So we're always on the look out for people who use or volunteer for any of YouthNet's services (such as TheSite, Stressheads, Stepfinder etc.) to call on to be interviewed or share their stories in newspapers, on radio or on TV.

In the past, we've had people on BBC Radio One, The Guardian, ITV, Radio Five Live and many others talking about a huge range of issues, from mental health and relationships to finding work and what it's like growing up in the digital age.

If you're interested in sharing your story, just complete this form to be added to our bank of media reps. We'll be in touch as soon as anything comes up that's relevant to you!
:)

Feel free to ask any questions here!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Am I on this? since you always make me famous ;) I like being made famous :P
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Hey Redhead,

This is a new list, so there's no one on it right now. Do sign up though! You're really good at this kind of stuff :d

James wrote: »
    Hey Redhead,

This is a new list, so there's no one on it right now. Do sign up though! You're really good at this kind of stuff :d

Signed up....took me ages because you can't change DOB on phone :o
  • JamesJames Deactivated Posts: 1,706 Extreme Poster
    Thanks! We'll be in touch if anything relevant comes up :)
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    *bump*
    Hi

I am filling this in, but I got to the last page and got confused.
    It's asking something about I agree that the mix can use information from me on their websites or in videos. But the main but I don't understand is By submitting this page you agree that:
    • You understand how your interview/photo/story etc will be used
    • You contribution to the material has, to the best of your knowledge, been truthful and honest;
    • You understand that you do not own the copyright in any material, concepts or intellectual property.

I don't have a clue how my interview/photo/story ect will be used-I've not done any of those things so how can I understand how it is used? I've done media work with another charity before and surly every thing you get asked to do is different, so how can I agree this now?
    Hi, I was filling this in but got to the last page and got confused by this bit

By submitting this page you agree that:
    • You understand how your interview/photo/story etc will be used
    • You contribution to the material has, to the best of your knowledge, been truthful and honest;
    • You understand that you do not own the copyright in any material, concepts or intellectual property.

I've not done a interview/photo/story etc for the mix yet, so how am I going to understand how it will be used?
    yes I can agree I will always be truthful and honest whenever I do these things.
    No idea what the words in the last one mean.

From experience of doing media stuff before with another charity everything I get asked to do is different, for a different paper/radio/tv ect so they have their own rules or what each one asks for is different, and until I get asked for each individual thing I can't really agree I know how my story will be used forever.
    website not working, I can't write anything?
  • TheMixTheMix Posts: 3,040 Boards Guru
    Hey Amy,

Good questions :)

When first filling out the form, those three bullet points refer to the information you've submitted in the form itself (so the questions around how/why you came to The Mix etc.)

The first point (how the story will be used) mainly refers to the following paragraph:
    By signing this release form I am allowing The Mix to use material featuring me, my opinions and insight on their websites, digital applications and marketing materials.

If we get in touch with an opportunity, you'll then be asked to complete that form again for that particular story/interview etc.

Hope that clears things up a bit :)

James
    We're @Aife, @Ella, @Emma_, @Gemma, and @JustV - the staff team here at The Mix.

Our DMs are monitored Monday - Friday (10am - 6pm) with limited cover on weekends. We have a great team of moderators looking after the community outside of those hours to check in on any reported posts.

We're not able to provide support on this account. If you need support urgently for any reason, please call 999, go to your nearest A&E or contact Crisis Messenger by texting THEMIX to 85258.
  • AuroraAurora Posts: 11,722 An Original Mixlorian
    Can people still sign up to this? I don't remember if I did or didn't. But sounds like an amazing opportunity.
    This is a great opportunity!

I have completed the form and would be very grateful to be contacted if any opportunities like this arise in the future. :)