Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Overcoming anorexia and bulimia

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So the people that remember me on here will know that I've struggled with anorexia for around 8 years now. It completely overtook my life. Even to the point where I was becoming jealous and not wanting to talk to people that were skinnier than me. I would avoid the topic of food or eating at all costs... I was hospitalised a few times through out the years and promised the people around me I would start eating just to get them off my back. Thats when it turned to bulimia. People would watch me eat then as soon as their back was turned, I would run to the bathroom. I don't need to give you the details

But almost 2 years ago, someone very close to me talked to me about how much his was hurting her. She was an incredible strong woman and in the 5 years I have known her, she has never once cried. That day she was painfully sobbing infront of me - pleading me to get help. Thats when I realised it had gotten to far. I didn't get help but I looked on YouTube at people's recovery stories. Let me tell you, there are some very inspirational people out there!! It's those types of people that help others follow in their footsteps. And that's exactly what I am trying to do.

Right now I'm probably at my lowest weight because I have spent the last 14 months in a very hard situation (I can't explain what because it would take forever). But now I'm free and I am determined to get my life back on track.

In April 2015, I moved to America from England. This really needed to happen because I wasn't safe. Those of you that know me will know that my birth parents abused and trafficked me. So I'm sure you will understand I needed to free myself of that situation. But like I said things didn't turn out how I expected and I've just been through 14 months of pure Hell! Now that's over though, I am determined to have a fresh start. I'm going to out the old things behind me and look forward to the bright future I plan on having in the States :) That includes my eating.

So today is day 1 of my new life. This probably sounds really stupid but I could really use your support. I would really like to walk with someone on this journey and I can't think of anyone better than you guys. You're my family!!! I missed you all while I was away but now I'm back and I'm so happy!

I'm going to try posting on here everyday just to let you all know how I'm doing. I'll have to remember about the time difference though :)

And to anyone reading this who is also suffering from an eating disorder, I believe in you. You can overcome it too but only in your own time and when you're ready! If you want to join me in recovery, I would be honoured.

Take care everyone

Comments

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
    '' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Day 2

It's 11am here in America and I'm already struggling. On day 2?! Seriously?! But I refuse to be beaten. I'm going to grab a healthy breakfast soon. Any suggestions?
    Hey BeckiBoo :wave:

Welcome back to the boards! Really awesome of you to share your story with us and your determination is so inspiring :yes:

We're happy to help support you through your journey. How are you finding America? :)

Keep us posted *hug*
    raich wrote: »
    Hey BeckiBoo :wave:

Welcome back to the boards! Really awesome of you to share your story with us and your determination is so inspiring :yes:

We're happy to help support you through your journey. How are you finding America? :)

Keep us posted *hug*

Hey!

I missed the boards so much! I used to be on here all the time!

Anyways, America is great. And thankfully I'm staying with really supportive people that understand my needs. Try don't force feed me or get on my case about eating. They leave things out for me but don't get angry if I don't eat it. It's great!!
    Hey Becki, hope you're doing well so far! Just know that the reason that you've come so far is because your strong, and you have to believe that!

Hope you're enjoying The States, I was born there and only came to England last year. You in New york?