Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Housing

LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
I really think the mix could help me. I was kicked out of a hostel as I was wasn't going out for fire alarms can I just add that is because I would rather get killed in a fire and also because they say I wasn't 'engaging with the staff' I had a male key worker but I am a victim of rape so do not feel comfortable engaging with males I did get offered a chat with a female but that was when I was actively suicidal so didn't speak to anybody didn't than answer my phone so they kicked me out and I am living in a b&b but this can't be forever so I've got no idea where Im going next?

Comments

• JustVJustV Community Manager Posts: 5,285 Part of The Furniture
    Hey there,

What you're going through sounds really stressful and must be super difficult. Feeling more able to talk to women than men is totally understandable in your position, but it does sound like they got the wrong impression when you didn't speak to the female worker. Were you able to clear things up with them and explain why you didn't feel able to talk to her?

I know you've got another thread going in H&WB about the sexual assault at the moment so I'll leave that to the other thread. :)

In terms of housing solutions, you can get in touch with Shelter. They're a housing and homelessness charity who should be able to provide you with the advice and information you need, as well as help you look for some accommodation. You can also get in touch with the Citizens' Advice Bureau for free legal advice and information.

Have you got any close friends or family you can stay with until you find a permanent solution?
    All behaviour is a need trying to be met.
  • LostsenseLostsense Posts: 1,329 Wise Owl
    No I haven't got any friends and family I could stay with. I think I will have to do that get in touch with Shelter. Nope didn't clear things up and with the hostel they went down on it really harsh. Thanks
    Hey Steph,

Just checking in to ask if you got in touch with Shelter, and if so, how it went? :)
    Not yet I haven't
    I just phoned shelter they didn't tell me anything I didn't already know but are getting legal aid to call me tomorrow :/ It's a year this time next week since I was raped. I'm struggling so much, I just want to die :'(
  • StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Hi Steph,

Thanks for posting this update (I've moved your post titles 'update' from Health and Wellbeing into your original thread just so you know), How are you feeling at the moment?

Thanks for letting us know that you've been in touch with shelter, how did you find speaking to them and about them getting legal aid to call you?

Sounds really hard for you to deal with, you're doing really well to talk about what's been going on here. Just to let you know that there's an organisation called Papyrus Prevention of Young Suicide which offers support, practical advice and information to anyone under the age of 35.

You're doing really well to speak here about what's been going on for, we're all here for you to listen and support you with anything you want to talk about *hug*
    Ok? Dont really know what that means but ok. There isn't many topics on here so it's hard where to post a thread. To answer your question how I feel I feel rubbish :'( it was a bit awkward speaking to them and I missed the call back from legal aid this morning. Yeah I know about papyrus I've been in touch with them. Is there many young people on the boards on here?
    Hey @I believe,

No worries about being unsure where to post a thread, we'll always move it and let you know if it fits better elsewhere but it's fine to go with where you think is most appropriate. :)

Just to say you're welcome to continue your other thread 'I need to go from a victim to a survivor' in Health & Wellbeing for a more focused discussion around the sexual assault if you'd like to.

The boards are a little quiet at the moment, but things still tend to get responses. You can also come along to our group chats in the evenings if you'd like a bit more of a real time discussion about things. :)

Sorry to hear you're still feeling low - have you arranged another call with legal aid?
    Can you delete threads? I want to delete hat victim to surviver. Whats a goup chat? The rang earlier and I managed to answer it and they told me to call them when I get my letter and they'll help me appeal.
    The sign in system is so dodgy it keeps saying my details are incorrect after a few attempts it' let's me sign in! How do I join this group chat then?
  • StephSteph Posts: 448 Listening Ear
    Hi Steph,

Yes of course we'll delete that thread for you. You're welcome to also private message the staff team by sending a message to The Mix if you ever want to get something deleted in future too or you could click the report button too.

Group chat's are either Support Chat which are live chats with peer to peer support, you can either go to get support from others or to provide to support to others or both.

We also have General chat where you can go to chat about anything you'd like to. There's also Support circle two Tuesdays a month and men and women only chat two Tuesdays a month too. You can find out more and see the guidelines here

With the sign up if this is for the accessing chat, unfortunately the boards and chat are not linked so you would need to create a username for chat if you haven't done so already, is that what you mean by the sign up?

Hope this helps :)
    Thankyou. Ok hmm.. I tried to join in a chat the other evening and it was just a blank screen. I don't know, I have to sign in twice and it won't let me sign in sometimes I have to go through the stressheads app and click on disscussion boards and then it will only let me sign in, it won't let me sign in from the Web browser.