Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Grrr

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am so pissed off. I need a job. I got the paper today as it's jobs day. One looked good and the phone number doesn't exist. Another one I just phoned, they kept me waiting for 5 minutes then hung up. Another one I rang yesterday and didn't bother to ring back. Why do they bother advertising if they don't want people?

I even walked into a pub with a huge sign saying "staff urgently wanted" only to be told that they didn't need anyone. For fucks sake, it's not like I want a job with the queen, I am desperate and happy (well not happy but I will) to work for minimum wage, why does it have to be so bloody difficult?!!!

Comments

• Options
    Have you joined a recruiting agency, or the Job Centre?

Recruiting agencies are usually good, but often only offer temping type work.
  • Options
    I am with an agency who so far have only found me one 1 week placement. I go to the job centre and check the vacancies on line too. The trouble is I am not 21 yet and I am not working for less than £4.10, some employers suck, trying to pay all under 21's £3 an hour for like 40 hours hard graft. Just wish September would hurry up, as I'll be restarting uni then, but it's a long time till then and very dull to have nothing to do.
  • Options
    see 'try this'
  • Options
  • Options
    Oh I've got a job now, just barmaid/waitressing. I don't know how long I will stick it out though as it's so dull, and I have to walk 5 miles along the motorway to get there as there's no buses. But it's better than nothing *I guess*. But just bring on September...I am only 19 and have worked in far too many shit jobs than is normal!
  • Options
    at least you're old enough to get a proper job, im only 15 and no where will employ me :::sigh::: :mad: :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by watch_her_fall
    at least you're old enough to get a proper job, im only 15 and no where will employ me :::sigh::: :mad: :(

There is a reason for this. It is to protect you!
    Furthermore, there are some jobs you can do, such as babysitting and paper round. It shounds crap and probably is, but you don't want to waste your youth with a shitty job, trust me!
  • Options
    Originally posted by watch_her_fall

I've worked since I was 14 or 15. Try somewhere that pays cash-in-hand like a café.