Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Can u get STDs without having sex

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi i was just wondering if it is possible to u get STDs without having sex - you know just pick it up of a dirty door handle in a public toilet or something - im not really sure how they spread - anyway thats all!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    STD-SEXUALLY transmitted disease.
    It is possible, but not in the way you think i.e by dirty door handles or by public toilets otherwise you could catch something just by holding hands with someone!

E.g if you give someone oral sex, and they have herpes etc, well, the outcome doesn't look to friendly. :eek:

(it is actually possible to give someone herpes if you give them oral sex and you have a coldsore due to the virus being herpes simplex or something like that. A very cute doctor told me that once ;))
    some things like thrush you can just get for no reason, but it can be sexually transmitted too. but you cant get STDs from door handles, (unless of course the door handle comes inside you LOL;) )
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    (unless of course the door handle comes inside you LOL;) )

:eek:
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    , (unless of course the door handle comes inside you LOL;) )
    ROTFL!!!
    No, you cant. If you touch the genitals you can catch things, such as herpes with orals ex, but dirty seats wont give you aids.

the education system has come to thsi though? gah, i give up.
    Read through the individual factsheets in the health section.

Some diseases mainly thought to be sexually transmitted can be caught in other ways:
    Hepatitis and HIV - dirty needles
    Scabies - contaminated bedlinen

But it's not likely to happen from doorhandles, loo seats, etc. Educate yourself:
    http://www.thesite.org/info/sex/stis/
This discussion has been closed.