Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

30 Days Wild 2016

*BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
edited January 2023 in General Chat

Hey everyone :wave:

Do you enjoy being outside, and nature? If you answered yes, the wildlife trust have the perfect challenge for you :thumb:

They are encouraging people to make nature part of their life everyday throughout the month of June. When you do something to do with nature use the hashtags #30DaysWild to share what you have seen and inspire others.

Here are some ideas to get you started.

- Creating artwork in the wild

- Look up at the clouds, what can you see?

- Get crafty in the sunshine

- De- stress naturally

- Switch of your electronics and go outside

To get started you can sign up, The Wildlife Trusts You don't have to sign up, but they have some brilliant ideas that could inspire you.

You can also use the hashtags #30DaysWild to share what you have done and to inspire others :heart:

Being outside, and nature can have a positive impact on our mental health and also our physical health, so this could be good if your looking for something new to try and just want to be outside more.

We can use this thread to share what we have done with others. I am going to try and remember to post back everyday and keep this thread going for the whole of June

It would be cool to get others involved :thumb:

Sharing is caring :heart:

" And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
" So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
'' It's a beautiful day and I can't stop myself from smiling "
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• *BananaMonkey**BananaMonkey* Posts: 5,462 Part of The Furniture
    Day one:

I woke up listening to the birds today, and I also went on a lovely walk in the sunshine :heart:
    " And everywhere I am, there you'll be, your love made me make it through, oh I owe so much to you "
    " So I say thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing, thanks for all the joy they're bringing, who can live without it, I ask in all honestly what would life be? Without a song or a dance, what are we? So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me "
  • plugitinplugitin Posts: 2,197 Boards Champion
    Running through fields full of wild flowers :)
    watching some coots swimming in a pond and listening to birds in the trees :)
    Day two: Lunch in the park with a friend, surrounded by the ducks and birds
    Day three: Lovely day at the beach with family. Lovely to be outside all day :heart:
    I've been slacking slightly! but day 5 - walking in some beautiful woodlands :)
    Day four: Following a butterfly
    Day five: Counting all the different flowers I could find on my walk this afternoon
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I still haven't started this. I've been outside so could have but how on earth do you remember something like this?
    I still haven't started this. I've been outside so could have but how on earth do you remember something like this?

I sometimes forget to write it on the boards. It could be something simple like making a daisy chain. Noticing different flowers. You can do this.

:heart:
    Day six: going on a mini beast hunt in the garden with the mini humans at work
    Enjoying all the daisies in the park
    Day seven: following a spider up the wall with one of the children at work today.
    Sitting in a park at lunch (albeit very busy) enjoying the sunshine and feeling of grass prickling my legs.
    Spent a lot of time in the torrs today - so peaceful there, just pure nature :heart: would sharing pics be weird or?
    Spent a lot of time in the torrs today - so peaceful there, just pure nature :heart: would sharing pics be weird or?

I love it there :heart:

Your welcome to share pictures.
    I love it there :heart:

I bloody know you do haha. We should take loads of nice pics of it next time :heart:

I bloody know you do haha. We should take loads of nice pics of it next time :heart:

YES!! :heart:
    lots of walks, listening to birds in the last few days and then today walking along a beach enjoying the complete silence and smelling the pine trees in the forest :)
    Yesterday was a lovely walk through the park surrounded by nature sounds and also the geese and ducks
    How are you wild people getting on? I had a walk in my local nature reserve yesterday and I'm starting to learn the names of all the wildflowers - there is one called 'Herb Robert' which I just think is such a random funny name.

It's actually a really mindful activity to be outside and to slow down and notice the small things, I think that's why I enjoy it :)

I loved the idea of counting the flowers @*BananaMonkey*[/USER] and speaking of daises, check out my garden [USER="44074"]plugitin - daisy jungle! Heaven :d:d

Attachment not found.

Would love to see some more photos of people's encounters with nature :)
    Jo7 wrote: »
    How are you wild people getting on? I had a walk in my local nature reserve yesterday and I'm starting to learn the names of all the wildflowers - there is one called 'Herb Robert' which I just think is such a random funny name.

It's actually a really mindful activity to be outside and to slow down and notice the small things, I think that's why I enjoy it :)

I loved the idea of counting the flowers @*BananaMonkey*[/USER] and speaking of daises, check out my garden [USER="44074"]plugitin - daisy jungle! Heaven :d:d

Attachment not found.

Would love to see some more photos of people's encounters with nature :)

@Jo7 Ahh I'd love to but I can't see the attachments people post on the boards! Jealous though from the sound of it :)